iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Donations

Started by Bruno of NH, November 17, 2019, 01:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

The biggest radio show in the State has a fund raiser for the NH Food bank this Thursday and Friday.
It's on rock 101.7 and wheb 100.3 it's called Lend a Helping Can.
This year they accepted 5 different hardwood slabs and 2 end tables I built.
I hope they do well for them.
They have a large listening audience in New England. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Well
The radio stations legal department ended up not letting them take my donation. 
Because the bid winner would have to pick up the slabs at my mill.
Even with all the insurance that I have.
Lesson learned, stay local.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

Dang.....What do you call a ship full of lawyers sitting on the ocean bottom?  A good start..... ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

GRANITEstateMP

RED, only if the bills aren't too new. Can't run the risk of paper cuts :(
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

TKehl

Maybe best.  My first thought was,"How are they going to show all the slab character,... on the radio?"

Good on you for trying though!
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

SawyerTed

Thought I would piggy back on Bruno's thread with a story of other ways to donate. 

Don't forget your local schools for donations.  They are always raising money for field trips, playground equipment and the like.  

Benches and other projects for raffles or silent auctions are a good way to advertise.  Happily donated by "fill in your business name" on a card.  

I heard through the grapevine there's a long term substitute teacher in one of our middle school technology/industrial arts programs.  He has struggled for activities and projects for the kids.  Being a sub, he's not qualified to teach the kids how to use more than basic hand tools.  So no kids using machines which means limited projects.  

Also through the grapevine I heard he needed donations of materials for cigar box banjos.  I don't have cigar boxes, pegs or strings but I do have materials for the necks.  

I donated 50 or so 1x2x36 blanks for banjo necks.   It took 4 or 5 pieces of 1x6x10 and about an hour to cut the parts.  That's just 25-30 board feet - may cost less than $75 or so for me. 

Hopefully, the substitute teacher can provide some kids with a good hands on experience and maybe introduce a few to making music.  

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Bruno of NH

Ianab

Schools are usually short of cash, and want materials for various projects.

Taylor is Year 7 at school now, and they get to do some "tech" stuff. This year they wanted to build some plant propagation tables (they have a vegetable garden at school). I had mentioned to the Teacher at the start of the year that I could source some wood for them for various projects, and he sent home a wish list, just asking if i could supply any of it. I had the mill set up and spare logs, and it turned out that most of the cut list was short 2x2. Next log was a bit punky in places, so cutting the smaller shorter pieces actually worked out good. I also threw some other random shorts / miscuts through the planer and sent them in for use with their new laser engraver. Saved them ~$500 over buying the timber at the local hardware store. Cost to me was negligible , but the value to the school was great.

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!