iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lobster Tail cooking

Started by pappy19, February 11, 2010, 01:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

In my younger days I traveled quite a bit for the engineering company I worked for and took many clients to dinner. One memorable dinner was in Atlanta at Pano and Pauls. One of their signature entres was fried lobster tail. I had never heard of such a thing so I ordered it. That was the best lobster tail I had ever eaten. Since that time I have done my best to make a similar dish. The other day, Costco had a run of huge lobster tails from the Virgin Islands area so I bought one that weighed about 1.34 lbs. I took the lobster meat out of the shell and cut it into medium sized pieces. I then did a "Pappy" style tempura batter:

1 Cup self rising flour + salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning to taste
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

Flour rhe lobster tail and then dip into tempura batter and fry until golden brown. I also had some homemade tarter sauce. It was some of the best lobster tail I have eaten. By frying it in a tempura batter, the lobster meat stays tender and moist. Most lobster that is boiled or grilled shell on or off becomes tough and like rubber. If you've never had lobster tail this way, you should try it.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Raider Bill

Theres a local pub that serves Lobster tails like this. I like em! digin_2 musteat_1 food3
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!