iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wildlife supper at its best!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 31, 2014, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Paul and I were invited to a Wildlife supper tonight in Clover, S.C. The Methodist Church puts on a feed once a year and were had chairs with our names on them.
The menu:
Quail and dove Pie
Venison Steak and Gravy....Venison from McCracken, Kansas
Squirrel and Rabbit.....( I thought about spruce Bunny)
Beef Meat Loaf
Gator Tail
Pintos with Ham Hock
Homemade Chow Chow
Greens
Corn Bread
Catfish and Grits (should have been here Ray and R.O.) Sweet Tea and
Desserts out the WaZoo

Now, I'm laid up in my chair and can't hardly move. :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I would of filled up on all the meat dishes and than when it came time for the grits I would not have any room for them. I do the same thing here in Maine or really any state when it comes to food. Meat,bread and chesse, first. than when it come time for anything else I am too full, been eating that way for more than 30 years. Working mighty fine too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

All I see on your plate is cake  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

samandothers

Paul looks great and like he is having a good time.  Your face mmmmmm does not look good!

sawguy21

I have tried grrritz, would pass on them. What the heck is chow chow? Venison steak would make it to my plate MMMmm
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paul_H

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 31, 2014, 08:19:21 PM
Paul and I were invited to a Wildlife supper tonight in Clover, S.C. The Methodist Church puts on a feed once a year and were had chairs with our names on them.

I'm guessing you be the Squirrel?  ;D

A customer dropped by today and dropped off some homemade moose sausage today and it was goood.What is the gator tail like? Fairly tender maybe?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The Gator tail was really tender and cut up into chunks......sorta like Mc Nuggets.
Taste like chicken.  ;D Had really good batter on it.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sprucebunny

Sounds interesting !

I've had rabbit in a Portugese dish ( the waiter didn't understand English; I had no choice  :D ) It was good.

Think I'll postpone eating those long tailed, furry little cannibals as long as I can  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mooseherder

The gator I tried a couple times was at a restaurant called Gators.
I don't know if it was tail meat but I didn't like it.  It was fried in chunks and didn't taste like Chicken.
It was reddish in the center chunk and didn't look appetizing to me.  That's why my Gator visitors are safe in the pond.
Now frog legs.  They taste like chicken. ;)

Magicman

I love church wild game suppers.  It is amazing what some folks can think up, some good and some, well.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!