iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2012 Annual Forestry Forum Christmas Contest.

Started by Jeff, December 14, 2012, 10:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Topic has been updated to show the winners of the 2012 Forestry Forum Christmas Contest

Congratulations!

Seeing as thecfarm put my feet to the fire this past week, you can blame him that this year's contest is more diabolically difficult than any before it. But hey, that's the way I roll anyhow. ;D

This years prizes:
Brucer - First Prize: Choice of 60" Logrite Peavey or Cant Hook. THANKS LOGRITE TOOLS!
reride82 - Second Prize: Bluecreeper Value Pack
reride82 wanted to donate his prize to another person in the hat, as he already has some Bluecreeper on hand, so I drew another name
Tom L You are the 2nd place new winner!

Radar67 - Third Prize: Logrite T-Shirt
Estiers - Fourth Prize: Forestry Forum hat and coffee cup combo.
Jueston - Fifth prize donated by thecfarm, Four jars of The C Farm Jam and jelly. All are 8 oz jars,Raspberry,Blackberry,Strawberry Rhubarb, and Blueberry.

Entries have to be received by Midnight Christmas Eve 2012 (Eastern Standard Time), and winners will be drawn from those entries on Christmas Day.

This year's contest begins with a wordsearch puzzle, using some of the most prolific Forestry Forum's member names, with a couple three other words mixed in for good measure.  :)

How to play.
1.Use the puzzle link below to view and print out the puzzle.
PUZZLE LINK
2. Find all the names on the puzzle
3. Use the unused letters in the puzzle to reveal the SECRET MESSAGE
4. Use that Message to find where you must go on the Forum to complete the contest. Use of the Search function will be most helpful. Once you are there, you will know it, it will be clear you have reached your destination.
5. Follow the instructions found with the SECRET MESSAGE to complete your entry.
6. If you do everything correctly, your entry with the correct information will be sent to me for the drawing.

Helpful Hints:

1.IMPORTANT! Make SURE your puzzle prints out in its entirety. After it prints, check it against the one on screen. Make sure you have all the rows of letters.
2. Keep your puzzle legible. Be very careful about circling words. If you circle extra letters, or can not tell what are the extra letters, you will not be able to reveal the SECRET MESSAGE correctly. Drawing a line through the letters may be a better way to go. Tammy recommends using a narrow highlighter.
3. Use the extra letters starting with the top and going left to right. You will have more letters than you need at the end.
4. Use the blanks given on the puzzle print out. This will show you how many words, and how many letters in each word.
5. Read all the instructions where ever you find them. Its the simple things that will foul you up. :)
6. Take full advantage of reading glasses, a magnifying glass or a telescope. Or, better yet, get a kid to do it for you. :D

Good Luck, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and HEEHEEHEEHEEHEE! ;D :D :)

And thanks again to Logrite tools for this year's prizes. :)

If you are reading this, and you view the Forestry Forum as a guest, and want to play, this is a good time to get registered so you can join in, as you need to be a member to be able to complete the entry at the end to have a chance to win a prize. :)

PUZZLE FIX!!! It seems that there are 3 words that appear twice in the puzzle, purely by random coincidence in the puzzle creation. I am going to give everyone the  locations of the wrong words. You still have to find the right ones.

EDK  starts 24over and 5down and runs east
ELY   starts 26over and 7down and runs Northeast
NORM  starts 4over and 4down and runs west
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now this is gonna be fun! I've already got highlighter ink all over my screen.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

An additional note. Some usernames that had spaces, numbers, or special characters were shortened for the puzzle. As an example, the guy with highlighter on his screen. ;)

Mooseherder

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on December 14, 2012, 10:44:05 PM
:o :o :o  I shoulda mailed da Fruitcake.  eh eh

We have a special box for fruitcake, with a special liner.  :)

isawlogs

Good, I printed it out .. it came in two pages ...  ::)   :D  More fun to have.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I tell you what.....if you see one, you better Dang well keep your eye on it. It'll disappear and you'll never find it again. :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Well after checking  the thing out  and finding a few , I realised I was missing some letters.. dang I was short three rows of letters....  :-\  Have a new one printed out with all the letters this time . It is in three pages ...  :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Some of you have really weird handles....  Just saying.  ::)

Marcel

tyb525

It's an honor seeing my name on the list ;D Hopefully there won't be a tie like last year ;)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Jeff

1270d

Jeff

Your welcome. :)

3 successful entries so far, and one that failed to provide what was asked to be provided, so out it went. :-\

Norm

thecfarm

Just saw this.I will give it a try.  Don't be surprized if you don't hear from me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Sure was alot of fun ... Hope whom got tossed was not me  :-\    Finding all them names was a head scratcher at times .  :D
A big thank you goes out from me to the Logrite Team    :-* :-* :-*  ( Kevin you can get your  :-* from Jeff, these are for tammy.  ;D )

Marcel

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

I don't know why but Pigman was the hardest and last to be found.  Kept me up way past my bedtime.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

doctorb

Jeff- Just to be clear, in the quote below did you mean "with a couple of three LETTER words" as opposed to what's written below.

Quote from: Jeff on December 14, 2012, 10:16:21 PM
This year's contest begins with a wordsearch puzzle, using some of the most prolific Forestry Forum's member names, with a couple three other words mixed in for good measure.  :)

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

I don't think so, but maybe I worded it funky. I just meant some words are included in the find list that are not member names, such as "Christmas"

jueston

i thought maybe because i won last year i would get an honorary place in the list... but i guess not...  :D

i'll have a go at this tommarow, but it looks pretty challanging...

Jeff

To create the list, I sorted the database to show me members with the highest post counts, and then some adjustments had to be made from that in order to actually make the puzzle come together. Some names from the top were dropped, and some with lower posts were added depending on what I needed for letters to make things fit  :)

mad murdock

Thanks for putting this up Jeff! Gives a guy something to do to stave off cabin fever whilst the weather is too yucky to want to make some sawdust, and a big thank you to Logrite for putting those new shiny thigs under the tree! Now to de cipher this confounded message!?!?The word search was the easy part!! ???
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!