Sponsors:

The Score Of The Day Thread

Started by mike_belben, December 15, 2021, 09:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

btulloh

HM126

mike_belben

Agreed, especially a varispeed.  The best we ever did was 2005ish.. 3 of them for $500/ea but they were J heads.  I got $1100 i believe for a pretty rough J head that had been scrapped back in 2015. By then a nice one was $2500ish, maybe 4k by now i dunno.

I had to be responsible and look away from a $100 working lathe a few days ago for lack of a garage.  Killed me. 
Praise The Lord

Patrick NC

Got these free off a grading jobsite today.

There's 2 more loads that I'm going to get tomorrow.  
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

rusticretreater

Bridgeport - major score
Trees - major score.  Usually companies collect all the good logs and sell them, unless the site owner says Not So Fast There Bucko!.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

metalspinner

About 500 BF.  "Just get it out of my way."

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Walnut Beast

Nice! Look forward to seeing the pictures of it sawn up 👍

firefighter ontheside

I hope this turns out to be a score.  There was a lot of work and a favor from a friend with a big skid steer to pick it up.  I will have a lot of work quartering it with the chainsaw before I can put it on the sawmill.  Biggest cherry log I've seen.  36" diameter both ends and 9' long.  There is more to get, but I can get those myself.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: Walnut Beast on February 16, 2022, 07:35:32 PM
Nice! Look forward to seeing the pictures of it sawn up 👍
Me too.  Nothing better than just get this walnut out of my way.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Walnut Beast

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on February 16, 2022, 07:40:44 PM
I hope this turns out to be a score.  There was a lot of work and a favor from a friend with a big skid steer to pick it up.  I will have a lot of work quartering it with the chainsaw before I can put it on the sawmill.  Biggest cherry log I've seen.  36" diameter both ends and 9' long.  There is more to get, but I can get those myself.

I'm sure it will definitely be a score with as much is there 💪👍

Tom King

Found these in one of the buildings that came with our property.

The anvil for the spinner is missing.  I ordered one, but it turned out to be wrong.  Got lucky, and found a line on a parts list for a modern Oregon spinner that listed the part number for anvils for "old style cast spinners", and Amazon had them-ordered.

The new, wrong anvil is in the picture.  Correct one hopefully on the way.

Not as good a score as a lot of the stuff you guys have gotten, but I was glad to find these for nothing.

Ljohnsaw

Besides spinning a rivet, what does a "Rivet Spinner" do?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Tom King

Puts chainsaw chains together.  You can make loops from a reel, or fix a saw chain with a bad link.

The tool on the left can break a chain apart by taking out individual rivets.  You hit it with a mallet.

rusticretreater

Picked this up today for $1400.  Don't know how old it is, but its in good shape.  The chimney has been removed for transport.  Its a dual zone Woodmaster 4400 good for 5000 sq ft.  The old guy who sold it said he couldn't keep up with it any more.

Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

firefighter ontheside

The other day I saw an ad for some woodworking equipment and they basically said everything you see in the picture for $200.  From what I could see it was worth $200.  I went over there the next morning after work and paid the money and loaded up what I could fit in the car.  I brought home the trays and drawers from the router table which included hundreds of dollars of router bits, some very nice hand saws, tapering jigs and numerous other things.  What I didn't bring home that morning was the old delta rockwell table saw which included a nice aluminum fence system, the router table that was built to be the right side extension of the saw and a Ridgid dust collector.  We went back the following day with the truck to get the rest.  In the back of the router table I found 2 Grripper table saw push blocks.  If you're not familiar these are very fancy and sell for $140 each new.  There was also a tapering jig by the same company that sells for $130 new.  Inside the router table was a Rockler router lift and Porter Cable 6902 router.  Those 2 items new probably cost a good $500.  As I dont want the table saw, router table or dust collector, I will be selling those.  I already have the DC sold for $100.  I've listed the saw for $150, but it might be a tough sell.  Its an old 8" saw, but the 1.5 horse motor thats with it is probably $300 new so I think it will sell eventually.  I will use the router and lift to either make an additional router table or incorporate it into my table saw wing.  I think I got the "score of the day".

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

aigheadish

Man, FFOTS, you sure did! The dust collector by itself! Good stuff. 

I unintentionally got the score of the day a few days ago, after ordering an over the bucket forklift setup for the backhoe. 

I ordered the kit which was two forks, a 72" steel bar, and 4 big brackets that get welded to the loader bucket that the bar goes into to lift the forks which are run through with the bar. Welp, the warehouse seems to have screwed up because they sent 4 boxes of 4 brackets, and two bars (they thought one got lost in the mail). Luckily for me it's all crazy heavy stuff and the shipping is likely more than their value, so after a phone call to the vendor and they told me to keep it, I now have a bunch of extras!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

rusticretreater

Yowza.  You could divide that up into two or three lots and have the score of the day for a few days in a row!

I have one of the gripper push block setups, complicated but pretty safe on the table saw.  I will have to look into that angle jig setup.
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

21incher

FFOTS Wow. Like hitting lotto  8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

TroyC

Scored these for free today. Hope they clean up for the shed project  8)

rusticretreater

Hey folks,

Last week I put in some bids for an online auction.  I had 4 winning bids.

10 foot conveyor on stand  $1.00

112 Metal buckets   $1.00

8 Jorgensen model 45 clamps, 13 various lengths Cincinnati Tool clamps and cart. $80.  The Jorgenson clamps are going for $30 each on ebay, Cincinnati clamps are real heavy duty, going for $60-100 each depending on length.

The last lot was eye opening.  There were 5 bins shown in the online listing and I bid $58 to win.  When I went to pick it up, I found there were 23 bins and that they came from a shop where they were making office furniture.  I got sandpaper, stainless steel screws, hinges of all sizes and varieties, many drawer slides, bolts, lag screws, locks with keys, magnetic door latches, plus much more.  Almost every bin was worth way more than $50.  Most were filled with metal things.  I haven't pumped that much metal since I was on the football team in high school.  The guy who runs the place threw in an old wood stove.  Take it he said.

Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

btulloh

I think that qualifies as a score!  Nice haul.
HM126

thecfarm

I think the bins are worth $58.  :o    ;D
Stove looks good too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

aigheadish

I really need to get something I can move piles like this with. I messed around for about one day on an auction site before getting frustrated that I don't have a truck or trailer for the wife's vehicle, so I can't easily pick up junk like this, without renting something. I'm sure these scores are out there, and this is a great one rusticretreater, but not much stuff will fit in my Civic coupe.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Resonator

That stove alone is worth it. Wire brush it, give it a quick coat of high temp paint, and it'll sell for rustic cabin decor.
Brings back memories, the old house I grew up in had an old cast iron stove similar to that (though much bigger) in the kitchen. The circles on top are removeable plates, and you need a special tool with a bent handle and a hook on the end to lift them out.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

firefighter ontheside

I love lots like that in auctions.  Its like a grab bag that no one is really bidding on.  Has a lot of potential and not much risk with the low price.  Several years ago there was a shop going out of business that made stair parts including treads and railings.  There was a very large rack in the shop that had sections that were individual lots in the auction.  Each section was a different profile of stair rail.  One of the lots though was "everything on top of the rack".  I bid on that and won it for $63.  Of course I took my 18' trailer with me to load everything.  I wasn't quite sure what was up there from the pictures, but I could see numerous hand rails.  I ended up with a bunch of brazilian cherry handrails 16' long and numerous other rails including some that were walnut.  I got miles and miles of quarter round, cove moulding, and other long pieces of trim.  I sold all of the railings for around $1000 by the time it was all gone.  I use the trim pieces on almost every project I build.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!