iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2022

Started by customsawyer, February 18, 2022, 07:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trimguy

Jeff

I find it interesting/confusing that of the videos I did, the one that I personally thought was the better of the 4, has got the least amount of views by far, and I really don't know why.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I have watched them all twice and each has it's own strong points.  They all have different view points and often catch the same event from a different angle.  I do look at the video length and will aften defer the longer ones to a time when I will not be rushed to watch it.  

One item that has not been discussed very much is Jake's equipment handling ability.  He is a very smooth operator when it comes to handling logs and lumber.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

K-Guy

Quote from: Magicman on April 15, 2022, 01:06:24 PMHe is a very smooth operator

I think Tammy feels the same way!! ;D

I haven't watched the videos yet, I'm saving them for this weekend.

It sure was fun finally having the chance to get together with old friends and make some new ones!!
As always Jake is an excellent host.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

caveman

I've watched all of the videos and enjoyed watching all of them.  Travis was filming quite a bit last weekend too.  Jake may have another perspective of the project.  Jake's videos usually suit me just right.  He introduces himself and what he is about to do and gets to work.  

I applaud all of you who make videos of yourselves sawing.  Just about every time I do one, the tongue of the sawmill will fall off of the paver and smash the auxiliary battery, I'll run the saw into the clamp, or I'll do something else that would indicate that it is my first day on the job.

I'll put a 30 second to three-minute video on FB any time we need to saw/sell some wood.  It has been months since we posted one.

I've mentioned this before, but I really appreciate Jake for hosting this event.  It was great to see my FF friends.
Caveman

TWG

Just had time to watch a couple of the videos , great job to all it's fun to watch. Looking forward to the next event. Thanks

doc henderson

I worked last pm, so phone on silent.  got a call from @Tom the Sawyer and he left a voice message.  He and his wife Jillane are thrilled and honored by the plaque and all the signatures of attendees of the sawing project.  I was given permission to post this pic.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

trimguy

Great job doc, that's awesome!!

Jim_Rogers

Doc: did you take a picture of the back with everyone's name on it?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

customsawyer

Good Job on that Doc. I'm willing to bet that lifted his spirits.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

flatrock58

A lot of great videos.  Even though I was there, I missed some of the action and enjoyed seeing it on the video.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Okrafarmer

Sorry I missed out. I was double-booked for the day as it was.

My wife and I went and saw The Scarlett Pimpernell musical at the Logos Theater. It was awesome, and a lot of my friends were in the cast.

Maybe next time!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

711ac

I sure messed up, been a little busy since our weather has turned to spring and the extra daylight. I missed the annoucment of Jake's event until tonight. This was after watching Jeff's videos the past few evenings and thinking what a cool event and PEOPLE! 
when I read the announcement this evening and going through all the pages I saw where Bruno was coming, he's not far from me and I was wondering if I had the nerve to call him to see if he was going alone......
A little later in my reading (about pg15) I discovered my mistake that Jeff's videos were not from last year but last week ☹️
What an idiot. I clearly missed a great get together.

petefrom bearswamp

Great job Doc
Wish I had been there to sign the plaque.
Tom, thoughts and prayers from here.
Pete and Linda
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!