iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

If they would just quit that fraction of a cent they'd have another digit. Back when gas was under a quarter it may have made sense to have a fraction of a cent but once it was at several dollars per gallon they need to just round it off to the nearest cent.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Ljohnsaw

Gov. NeedsSome want to push a bill through that will give $400 to each registered vehicle, limit 2 per name to offset gas prices.  That will give me 2 weeks ::)  Knowing how they like to screw things up, I can see it going to EV owners as well. :-X
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

beenthere

Quote from: ljohnsaw on May 19, 2022, 09:53:53 AM
Gov. NeedsSome want to push a bill through that will give $400 to each registered vehicle, limit 2 per name to offset gas prices.  That will give me 2 weeks ::)  Knowing how they like to screw things up, I can see it going to EV owners as well. :-X
That is the sorry thing about Gov't involved. Just give them the money and the problem should go away. 
And the result is watching inflation shoot up. 
Throw money at the problem, that is their long-time solution. Never has worked. 

Per Ron Wenrich, 
QuoteThe other was that a lot of refineries were down for maintenance.  They should be coming back on line to help the inventory, and the price.
Good to hear some positive outlook with respect to the many negative outlooks posted here. The sky is not falling like chicken-little exclaimed.. IMO
And I have faith and foresee a change in Gov't happening. None too soon.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chet

This thread has turned that corner, and seems to be headed toward restricted topics.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

21incher

Diesel $6.159 at Costco  today. About 10 cents less than everyone else. 2- 5 gallon cans for $60 that will last me about 2 1/2 weeks mowing 😟. Last spring it was 1/2 that. On the positive  side back ribs went down .59 a pound 😋. Couldn't believe  how crowded it was in the store.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Kodiakmac

Coloured diesel is $2.04 CDN per liter.  That's $6.04 USD per US gallon.

In Jan 2021 I paid $0.88 CDN per liter.  So that's a 131% increase in about 15 months by my estimate.

And they say annual inflation is running at 7.4 percent.  :D
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Ed_K

Saw a station down in Northampton Ma. reg was $4.75
Ed K

moodnacreek

Here in s.e. n.y. on the Hudson river I am told diesel/red fuel in just about gone from the terminals. There have been warnings that this was coming . Someone told me to stop sawing so I would not run out. I will saw until every drop is gone because my logs are old already and must be sawed and stickered now. That is when I will stop or when the fuel is gone.    A tractor trailer just left with a load of lumber [from my yard] on a 2 1/2 hour run, one way, back empty. He added $200 to his $1200 charge.  Where is all this going?

Machinebuilder

Yesterday 5/22/2022

87 octane $4.20
Offroad Diesel $4.99
Ethanol free 87 octane $4.89

$166 to the fuel companies, Truck $80, tractor/skid steer $53, Lawnmower $33
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

muggs

just filled up a Camry, $5.90 a gal. Gave the clerk a $100.00 bill, got back $11.00 in change.

kantuckid

Paid $4.17 for 87 regular yesterday, was $4.11 a week before same "BP" place. That was the cheapest gas withing 135 miles of us. Elizabethtown, KY was $3.99 recently-heard from a friend. 

In CA I fail to understand how lower hourly workers live? My cousin in SD, CA they owned their own home in town since the mid-1960's and recently moved far from main part of town to afford to stay in CA. When one of my sons was in the Navy in SD, CA, he told me you had to be at least an O-5 or O-6 to be able to afford to be anywhere close to the Naval areas. Meanwhile he and another JR officer lived on toney Coronado Island in a rental  cottage that cost a 
$half-a- $mil$ as they were pulling extra quarters and shared the rental. My DIL, a teacher worked for a flooring contractor there too so lots of money in, then lots back out, but life was good for them in LALA Land :D...
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

muggs

Cal. is getting crazy, back in the 60's it was a good place to be, I was playing rock and roll, you could hitch hike any where, surfing was good. Not anymore. I was just back in Ar. what a difference. If I did not own a house here, things would be different. :o

Polish Hammer1

Northeast Wisconsin just filled off road diesel cans for 3.89 sadly I thought that's a great price

DWyatt

NW Ohio jumped from $4.35 to $4.79 yesterday for regular 87 gas. Never seen a jump like that after the holiday weekend, normally it's the Wednesday before.

aigheadish

Same thing in Dayton, DWyatt. I was driving by my normal fill-up spot and noticed it was 4.79 for the cheap stuff this morning. Ridiculous.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Larry

I live on one of the Ozark corp lakes.  For some reason hardly any boat traffic this past holiday weekend when normally it would be a mad house.  Only saw a couple of jet ski's.  I would guess the recreational boat business is in a recession at present.

I keep my boat in a slip at the marina where I can only buy gas at the marina pumps.  I was scared to ask what the price was this past weekend. >:(  That's ok because I can always use the kayak. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tom King

A friend was in Germany last week.  He told me the gas price there, converted to American dollars and gallons, was $8.95 a gallon.

The boat business is Booming here on this lake.  My Nephew is in the jetski business, and they sell anything they get in.  They sold a 74k pontoon boat this week.

hedgerow

Gas went up 20 to 30 cents around here before the holiday and diesel went down about 10 cents. $5.20 diesel and $4.20 on the gas. Lots of campers and boats on the road around here this week and last week. Schools all out now around here and lots of people on the road. Fuel prices don't seem to be keeping any one at home around here. 

Tom King

Saudi Arabia is agreeing to pump more oil, but they are raising the price above what they're selling it for now, so it doesn't look like fuel prices will go down any time soon.  Demand is still very high.

Chuck White

Gas (87oct) went up to $4.999/gal here in Russell and surrounding area!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Machinebuilder

Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Magicman

The pump just shut off at $175.00!!!    No I did not restart it.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

newoodguy78

Too much, just too dang much. That's the price in my area. 

21incher

Quote from: newoodguy78 on June 06, 2022, 04:40:52 PM
Too much, just too dang much. That's the price in my area.

Look at it this way. It's lower this week then it will be next week.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!