iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I don't see busy roads around here. I also am not seeing hobby farmers making 20 trips to the house every day like they used to. How can you be working and running to the house every 20 minutes?  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I live on a dead-end dirt road. 
Heading towards 10 homes above me. 
Yes, on the ones that leave the hill 2-3 times a day.
Sometimes I don't leave the hill at all. 
Not many days I leave the hill twice in one day, unless something breaks down.
We use to be on the road all day. Just go!! We have got back on that.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

One thing that I enjoy about the gas prices is the peace and quiet now, there are no teens racing dirt bikes, 4-wheelers & side-by-sides up and down this little town road I live on!   :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

aigheadish

We jumped to 5.09 for the cheap stuff today. Highest I've ever seen it in Dayton, at least. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

gspren

What bothers me worse than putting gas in the car is filling up 5 gallon jugs to mow the lawn, just seems worse.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Al_Smith

At $5.09 this morning to fill the lawn mower which holds 6 gallons would be 30 bucks .I'm going to see about that flock of goats .

beenthere

Prices do get ones' attention. But I woe the day that there is no fuel to pump. 
Those who recently couldn't find baby formula would have been okay if it were just available but at a higher price.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: Al_Smith on June 07, 2022, 01:45:55 PM
.I'm going to see about that flock of goats .
You mean a "herd" of goats.  :D    Don't do it Al.   I've been fighting a running battle with my wifes milk goats for many years and have never really had the upper hand for very long.
Your better off covering the the yard with concrete.   ::)
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Don P

I think its "an affliction of goats"

$4.65 for regular in the big town, flex fuel was $3.65 so it got its second tankful of moonshine.

SwampDonkey

$41 to fill a 5 gallon jug yesterday for saw gas. :-\

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Do what a neighbor did on hills he didn't want to mow and trim, throw on a bunch of poly tarps. ;D

SwampDonkey

There's already been a few things that you can't get, and they are still made. It all depends if they decide to pull product from your area. Try to buy a molasses doughnut in NB, try to buy a lemon angle food cake in NB. Try to buy canned yellow eye or soldier beans in NB. Try and buy Wells Lamont insulated gloves in NB. You can other places. :D

21incher

Quote from: beenthere on June 07, 2022, 02:42:14 PM
Prices do get ones' attention. But I woe the day that there is no fuel to pump.
Those who recently couldn't find baby formula would have been okay if it were just available but at a higher price.
I worked at a gas station back when we used the plate number to determine if you could buy gas that day. Some days we supposedly ran out and had none but really there were always a couple hundred gallons in the tanks we saved for us and our families. Back then the tanks always had some water in them so we had to constantly stick them so we didn't start pumping it near the bottom.

Quote from: Don P on June 07, 2022, 03:22:52 PM
I think its "an affliction of goats"

$4.65 for regular in the big town, flex fuel was $3.65 so it got its second tankful of moonshine.

Is that flex fuel worth using? I have read your mileage can decrease by up to 25% depending on the vehicle and it's not the best for the engine if you can avoid it.

I put a 5 gallon can in my UTV today that was $25.00 and it had room for 3 more gallons. Then dumped 6 gallons of $6.00 a gallon diesel in my mower. Remember back when it cost more for beer to mow your lawn then fuel  :D. How many goats do you need for 10 acres?

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 07, 2022, 03:27:51 PM
$41 to fill a 5 gallon jug yesterday for saw gas. :-\
This right here is depressing. I usually keep two 5 gallon jugs full on non-ethanol through the spring-summer-fall seasons for my Mule, Chainsaw, log splitter, and mower. This year I am working on one can and don't refill it until I have to. The splitter is sucking a tank a day now as I work on firewood and I know I will have to refill soon.
 Worse, I have a 6 day music fest coming up and I bring 10 gallons plus a full tank for the Mule so I don't have to bother them for fuel. This year that is going to constitute a significant donation for me anyway.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

beenthere

Some donuts, angle cake, and gloves we can get along without much easier than fuel for the splitter, mule, brush cutter, and the car.  ;) ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Don P

@21incher , I think they made that particular Ranger for 2 years. What I've read is that engine, stainless tank and coated lines, large bore injectors, computer that reads fuel composition and can super advance timing... was designed for alcohol and runs best on it, on gas it is really running a compromise and in my vast experience it seems to compared to another Ranger with the same sized engine in a regular fuel build. Most people who wrote in to a forum with real experience said it cost around 2-4 mpg in it and it does produce around 8 hp more on flex fuel. What I have read is I need to go get a new fuel filter, it probably scrubbed the tank clean.

In all the digging recently when that system went flakey, i came across a thread, they made 1800 electric Rangers in that same late '90's era, lead acid or nicads, I saw I think 60 miles on the range gauge, the "guess-o-meter".  They must have been municipal or some sort of facilities leases, that wouldn't get me over the hill to the store :D. A young guy in CA had 2 of the 400 remaining and had put in a modern battery pack.

Al_Smith

Quote from: B.C.C. Lapp on June 07, 2022, 03:09:31 PM
Quote from: Al_Smith on June 07, 2022, 01:45:55 PM
.I'm going to see about that flock of goats .
You mean a "herd" of goats.  :D    Don't do it Al.   I've been fighting a running battle with my wifes milk goats for many years and have never really had the upper hand for very long.
Your better off covering the the yard with concrete.   ::)
Herd,flock ,gaggle what ever it is .A congregation of goats perhaps  :) I'll just mow it .A flock of sheep wouldn't get it done the coyotes would get them but I suppose a pair of Great Pyrenees herd dogs could dine on the 'yotes .A couple of big nastey smelling foul tempered Billy's might get the job done too .My Lawd do those things stink .

21incher

Quote from: Don P on June 07, 2022, 05:27:48 PM
@21incher , I think they made that particular Ranger for 2 years. What I've read is that engine, stainless tank and coated lines, large bore injectors, computer that reads fuel composition and can super advance timing... was designed for alcohol and runs best on it, on gas it is really running a compromise and in my vast experience it seems to compared to another Ranger with the same sized engine in a regular fuel build. Most people who wrote in to a forum with real experience said it cost around 2-4 mpg in it and it does produce around 8 hp more on flex fuel. What I have read is I need to go get a new fuel filter, it probably scrubbed the tank clean.

In all the digging recently when that system went flakey, i came across a thread, they made 1800 electric Rangers in that same late '90's era, lead acid or nicads, I saw I think 60 miles on the range gauge, the "guess-o-meter".  They must have been municipal or some sort of facilities leases, that wouldn't get me over the hill to the store :D. A young guy in CA had 2 of the 400 remaining and had put in a modern battery pack.

Wow you have a unicorn. Pretty soon cheap moonshine will cost less then gas and you will never have to worry about supply. Wonder if today's  flex fuel vehicles have similar technology.  

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

gspren

Don't get dogs to guard your sheep/goats or you'll have to buy dog food, get a standard sized donkey and the donkey will help mow down the pasture plus chase dogs or yotes away.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Ljohnsaw

Just topped off my truck at $5.999 - $105 for 3/4 tank.  Needed some diesel for the tractor - $6.899 so $35 for a 5 gallon can. :o :-\ :-X
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

mudfarmer

We are bouncing off $5 for reg 87 here, glad truck is not diesel, still have not had to refill diesel stock for tractors/rtv but the sad day is coming.

2022 Q1 profits:
ExxonMobil - $5,480,000,000 (a 100% increase compared to 2021 Q1)
BP - $6,200,000,000 (highest quarterly profit in a decade)
Chevron - $6,260,000,000 (a 400% increase compared to 2021 Q1)

say_what
smiley_hanged

sawguy21

$2.14.9 CAD/l for diesel was the best I saw yesterday. I sure don't drive any further than necessary and seldom leave town. I deliver groceries for a non profit organization once a month, it is an 80km (50 mile) trip. They have been giving me $50 to cover my vehicle expenses but at this rate we need to talk! I wanted to retire so I could travel, now I can't afford that. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

We missed all that gas embargo of the 70's here, was no rationing  at all, business as usual. Can't remember not having fuel, we always had our own tanks on the farm. I remember in the New England states we had warning of it when travelling down to NH to see dad's uncle. But we still could buy gas, I don't remember being stranded.

SwampDonkey

Food and gloves is more important than gas. I can walk. :D Everyone would be better off creating work within 5 miles and promote more community in doing it, like the good old days. Two generations ago, we didn't go 50 miles to work every day. A lot of farmers had housing for workers who lived far off to, who worked the fields and cut the wood. ;)

WV Sawmiller

I filled up my wife's car today near Beckley WV and it was $4.79/gl for 87 octane.

I watched an interesting article the other night where the commentators were stressing with the current rate at which oil is trading that gasoline should be selling for around $3.50/gl. I wonder where that extra cost/profit is going?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!