iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

crushed car

Started by ROUGH CUT, April 13, 2011, 04:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROUGH CUT

Lets see if I can post a picture.

It's not how you get into these things, but how you get out of them.

beenthere

:D :D
Looks like you can.
Now what is the story behind that  ::)

Hope nobody was in that car when that happened.  :o
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

redbeard

Hope no one was hurt. Was it a storm or error? I hit my tailgate once knew I should of moved truck but got to confident. Welcome to forestry forum. Roughcut
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

Quote from: ROUGH CUT on April 13, 2011, 04:56:40 PM

Apparently you can't post pictures yet because you left out the driver and passenger seats.   ;)  :D :D  I hope that was the tree faller's car.

And Welcome to the Forestry Forum ROUGH CUT.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Real fellers drive pickumup trucks.  ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Nomad

I'd like to hear about this too.  Nothing red leaking out, so it sure could've been worse.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Slingshot

It's rather obvious no one was in it when it happened.  If there had been it wouldn't still be sitting there
all in one piece with that smooth curved top.  ::)

___________________________----
sling_shot

celliott

Pretty sure that's a second gen (FC) Mazda RX7.... :'(
Too bad.  I'd also like to hear the story of how it happened.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Just Me

I was looking for a car to restore......... ;)

ladylake

looks like a dead rotten tree, likely a liitle wind knocked it over.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

clww

Oh My Gosh! :o That would be a bad thing to walk out to in the morning, getting set to drive in for the day.

Story? ??? ???
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

paul case

Quote from: ROUGH CUT on April 13, 2011, 04:56:40 PM

they say when you hurt a bull he will blink his eyes. that car is half hurt by that measure!

we got hit by a severe thunderstorm on the 4th of july about 14 years ago 6 am and lightening struck a tree just outside my bedroom window about 15'. the noise was so loud in the house it broke some windows. blew up everything electrical in the house. my pickup was sitting just the other side of the tree and looked like a brush pile. i feared it would look like this car. when i cleaned the limbs off it only had some knuckle bumps and a broken drivers door glass. i was lucky twice. i have seen anmals killed by lightening strikes that were farther from the tree than i was and my puckup wasnt hurt all that bad. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

terrifictimbersllc

I was thinking that picture might be faked, both eyes should be bugging out.  :o :o :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Warbird

LOL Okay, we need the story behind this one.

ROUGH CUT

Sorry guys, I don't have the story behind this one because a friend sent me the picture. I just thought I should share it with other Forumites.
All I can tell you is that I did not fell the tree, honest.
It's not how you get into these things, but how you get out of them.

backwoods sawyer

The last windstorm that came thru here, knocked over a 38" pine tree, it laid lengthwise of an older Cadillac that was just about as flat. I had to lift the tree off in 8' sections. This log had a lot of glass imbedded in the bark and the pitch.

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!