iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Guide

Started by Tom, July 04, 2007, 01:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Our member "TheGuide", who is Steve Nix on "About" has written another newsletter that tells of the recording of leaves.   This is a very interesting article.

"Dr. Jan Jenner used school children in a summer arts camp to produce a treasure of tiled leaf prints of common tree species. Armed with rolling pins and raw tile clay, young kids preserved over 60 leaf impressions for the ages. The Heritage Hall in Talladega, Alabama was awarded a National Endowment for the Arts grant to construct the Pinhoti Trail Sculpture Archway. These tiles are permanently displayed in that archway and I have taken their pictures."

Pinhoti Trail Sculpture Archway tiles

Picture of the archway

Texas Ranger

That is cool!!!!!!!! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

I thoroughly enjoyed that.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Now that, right there, is a really great idea and leaves a lasting impression to boot. I can't go through all the pictures on this slow connection, but I'll make a point to view them sometime on a faster connection.

Thanks for sharing Tom.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!