iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If you want to see the Timber Frame we built . . .

Started by MemphisLogger, June 23, 2006, 07:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MemphisLogger

Hit me on the back channel and I'll send you the URL to the page I did on it.

Warning though, you can almost see some private parts during our slip and slide adventure.  :o

Urbanlogger
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Furby

Scott, ya gotta admit it was pushing things, was your little girl there ???

MemphisLogger

Not this year, but she went with us 2 years ago.

I been skinny dippin' all my life, sometimes I forget there are those who don't  ;)
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Furby

There are those who don't and those who aren't yet old enough. ;)

Ya know, ya could post some pics of the frame here, and I'm talking about the wooden.....
Awe, never mind! :o

MemphisLogger

Furby

Looks like it turned out pretty good! smiley_hollywood_cool
Did it go up and come down as easy as planned?

MemphisLogger

The up part went real smooth--only once did we assemble a bent with an asymetric post turned 180  :-[

Cutting everthing to exact tolerances off a CAD drawing really helped.

When we took it apart, a few joints were tight due to shrinkage but we only had to drill out 2 pegs.

We marked every joint before disassembly so it should go up real easy next time.

We may be taking it to the 10,000 Lakes Festival in Minnesota next month 10KLakes 

Quartlow

it would be neet to have a 10X10 or 10X20 version to use at craft show instead of the typical easy up
Would sure be an attention getter
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!