iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hud-son Badger width, length, weight?

Started by Traci, November 30, 2019, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traci

Hello all, I am new to this forum, don't really know how they work, please be patient.

We are headed 6 hours away to purchase a Badger processor and need to haul freeway with a trailer. I have researched statistics to no end and the one place I called out of several they did not have one to measure and book did not show dimensions. If there is anyone who can help me out with width of the Hud-son Badger, I thank you.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault

lxskllr

Welcome! Specs are hard to find. A quick search turned up nothing. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

Traci

They aren't in until Monday and we are heading out Sunday with truck and trailer. I have tried calling several dealers today but only 1 open and couldn't answer my questions.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault

47sawdust

Is the party your buying from not able to measure for you?
According to the Sawmill & Woodlot review it weighs 2000#.Looking at the picture in the review I think you could easily haul it on a 6 or 7k car hauler.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Old Greenhorn

Call the folks at Hud-son directly, the Badger is not to be towed at speeds over 45, but you know this so I assume you are trying to figure out what trailer size you need. The Hus-son folks are a good family owned company and have always been very helpful when I've called.  Not sure who you already tried calling. I am not sure dealers would be of much help
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Traci

We will have a12 hour total drive if we do it in 1 day so we are leaving on Sunday and nobody is open to call until Monday. We have a 6Wx12L trailer. Im thinking it will be big enough but will cringe if Im 1 inch shy. 
Robert Brault

47sawdust

I think you will be fine.The entry shoot might be able to be unbolted from the machine body.I take it the trailer is a tandem axle..
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Ivan49

The one I looked at several years ago was the same width as the 1/2 ton pickup. Tires looked to follow in the truck tracks. The new ones may have changed hope this helps

Traci

Its a single axle trailer. I am thinking it will be a close fit but should be ok.
Robert Brault

Traci

Badger fit nice on my 6x12 trailer with a little room left. I dont recommend anything smaller if transporting.  Trailer brakes and a bigger truck would have made our drive a lot better and snow and rain didnt help. Our little Dakota V6 4x4 just barely did it when adding high grade gas plus booster. I think we got about 9 mpg. Anyway, it is home and safe and ready to work. Spent more going to get it than delivery would have been but we wanted to compare the Wolverine A to the Badger and justify the $5k difference. Not even comparable on so many levels. Badger all the way! Looking forward to leaving our 22 ton splitter in the building and working easier without straining our backs, legs, and arms. Even added a spike to our excavator thumb to get the big chunks we can't process split to a manageable size. 
Robert Brault

hedgerow

Glad to here the trip went well and you got home safely. I hope the processor helps make the job of making firewood easier. 

Thank You Sponsors!