iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It's good to hear from you Paul, and I wish you the best with your Dr.'s appointments.

Yup, we also dodged Zeta plus the temperature is dropping.  The Forecast is for the high 30's Monday morning. Yikes!!  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

good job.  I hope your docs collaborate and work together.  times have changed and that seems harder to do.  remember the cough facilitation, and suction if you have it.  legs will swell with less activity.  get it elevated and get a photo to your primary doc.  may be infected and need an antibiotic.  your pain and ALS docs may not want to take that on, but you can show it to them.  best wishes.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

samandothers

Good to hear you were not bothered by the storm.  Hope Doc appointments go well and they can help with the pain and swelling.

fishfighter

Two days with many doctors and test.

Pain doc, going to try a temp block next Wednesday and a second one the next Wednesday. Has to be done that way for insurance to cover a real block.

Ventilator has been adjusted again, but didn't use it last night due to me being way to tired. Still tired this morning.

New power chair suppose to come Tuesday.

Left and right legs, had test done. Was checked for blood clots and blockage.

A new brace has been ordered for my left foot.

Overall, yesterdays ALS clinic visit was fair to good. As they told me, they will try to make me at ease.  They have a nurse that if I need something, she is on 24/7 call or someone else. 

Magicman

Thanks for the update Paul and I know that you are hanging as tough as you can.  :snowball:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

I am trying to give it hell Lynn. ;D Will try to get out and vote today with the help of my dear wife. Yesterday made 41 years married to her. 8)

samandothers

Good to hear you have the medical folks helping as they can.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

Hello all. Hope all are fine. Not much going on here. Just taking it day by day.

Magicman

Try to keep your chin up my Friend, and continue to keep us updated. 

Bruno of NH

Yes please keep us updated
You are an inspiration to all.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fishfighter

Happy Thanksgiving all. It's just the wife and I today. Our daughter was exposed about 8 days ago, but no signs which is good. She wants to stay away just in case. Will get tested next Monday.

We did ordered a handicap van last week. Hope it comes in soon, maybe next Monday. It's being shipped in from up north. Had got to the point it is almost impossible for me to climb in the car or truck now. The VA is paying a bunch on the van.

Work on the house should start any day now. All monies are in place. That will be a big plus once done. The VA is paying out over $78K for the work.

Yesterday they burnt the nerves in my back. Still a lot of pain, but hope that lets off. Having a very hard time to breathe. Lung muscles/chest muscles are very weak now. I am having much more other problems going on now too. Thank God I have a caring wife.

btulloh

Happy Thanksgiving Paul to you and your family.
HM126

PC-Urban-Sawyer

May the Lord reach out to you and grant you relief from pain and discomfort in this time of trial and tribulation.

May the Lord give you and your wife the strength to bear the effects of this condition on you.

May the Lord bless you during this Thanksgiving day.

Herb 

Armymann50

I found out last night that "Fishfighter" has passed away.  Prayers for family and loved ones. He will be missed

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

So sorry to hear this, but he is no longer in pain or suffering. Prayers to his family from all of us on the forestry forum.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

LeeB

So sorry to hear this. The man was an inspiration to us all in determination and courage. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

It was my pleasure to meet and visit Paul at his home a few years ago:
LINK and LINK 

Rest in peace my Friend.

Paul Stephen Rockvoan
Ventress, LA

chet

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to his wife and family.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ljohnsaw

So sorry to hear this.  His can will-do was such an inspiration to me.  I wish his family peace in knowing his pain is over.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

realzed

My condolences to his family and friends, both near him and here on this forum.
He was very talented and admired for his wood related work and for his strength battling this insidious and unforgiving situation inflicted upon him - yet he handled it with grace and some humor, while still caring about others around him..
RIP 

doc henderson

Blessings to his family, and may he rest in peace!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

btulloh

He was a good man with a fighting spirit and he will be missed by all.  Condolences to his family and friends.
HM126

sawmilllawyer

I am sad to hear of Paul's passing, inspired by his complete can-do attitude, thankful he is no longer in pain and hopeful he is in the good place. Condolences to his family.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Thank You Sponsors!