iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark Ranger 664C weight.

Started by nhlogga, September 03, 2014, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhlogga

How much does a Clark 664C weigh? 353N Detroit 18.4 34 tires with 5/8 ring chains on all 4 all fluids full.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

treeslayer2003

off the top of my head, around 16,000
yer not gonna do what i think yer gonna do??????

nhlogga

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on September 03, 2014, 10:22:42 PM
off the top of my head, around 16,000
yer not gonna do what i think yer gonna do??????

It's a possibility. Had a guy look at it and he thinks it weighs 12,000 or less. Lol. I figured closer to 20,000. I think he's gonna try to offer scrap price. Nope. I will either keep it or yank the 85 - 90% rubber off the back and the tires off the front and scrap it myself before I near give it away so he can make a bigger profit after fixing  and reselling it. I got a guy who wants it the worse way but he trying to come up with the money. I haven't seen any yet so I re listed it on CL and Uncle Henry's.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

xalexjx

how much for the tight ring chains off the back?
Logging and Processed Firewood

oldseabee

cable machine 18570 lbs. not counting chains 18.4 34 tires
grapple 22130 lbs not counting chains. 18.4 34 tires

Dr Nitro

what is the bottom price on it? 

Jeff

Careful fellers, this aint the for sale board...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

riddelin

HI Guy's ,
just bought a 1978 Clark ranger 664c I'm not a logger but  bought it for use in my forest to pull fire wood
was wondering if anybody knows what the lever to the left of the drivers seat does... it has three positions one says "w" and then one says "t" right now it is in the middle

help would be appreciated

thanks

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Seems a couple months back there was discussion of this lever... and IIRC, it was w for work, and t for travel. But the lever was disconnected at the tranny.. so it would just stay in probably w for work position.

But others may chime in that have much more experience than I, as I just remember reading about it with casual interest.

This is the thread I was thinking about..
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,72966.0.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

treeslayer2003

Quote from: beenthere on September 27, 2014, 10:58:08 AM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Seems a couple months back there was discussion of this lever... and IIRC, it was w for work, and t for travel. But the lever was disconnected at the tranny.. so it would just stay in probably w for work position.

But others may chime in that have much more experience than I, as I just remember reading about it with casual interest.

This is the thread I was thinking about..
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,72966.0.html
yup.........put it in W and leave it there

nhlogga

Quote from: Jeff on September 23, 2014, 12:53:32 PM
Careful fellers, this aint the for sale board...

Not tryin to sell it here. Just wanted to know the weight.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

nhlogga

Quote from: riddelin on September 27, 2014, 10:26:56 AM
HI Guy's ,
just bought a 1978 Clark ranger 664c I'm not a logger but  bought it for use in my forest to pull fire wood
was wondering if anybody knows what the lever to the left of the drivers seat does... it has three positions one says "w" and then one says "t" right now it is in the middle

help would be appreciated

thanks

The w/t lever wasn't hooked up on mine so I took it out. Leave it in "w". and just move hi and low. you go from 1st to 3rd.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

riddelin

thanks for all the help ...
will put it in "w" and see what happens!

beenthere

riddelin
Anything react different when you moved the lever into the three different positions before?  Or you didn't try any of them ??

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

riddelin

haven't tried any of the other positions yet,
right now it is in the middle will try later this week

thanks

oldseabee

That W/T shift mechanically changes the trans range by sliding a gear in the bottom of the trans, this is purely a mechanical shift so the machine should be stopped to shift,  sometimes it will not shift because the gears don't mesh, so you may have to move slightly ahead or back to line up the gears, it is just a yoke sliding a gear on a splined shaft.

riddelin

thanks Oldseabee,

will try it when I  get the machine delivered hopefully this week

Thank You Sponsors!