iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered 2138c any good?

Started by shinnlinger, September 03, 2012, 04:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Someone wants to trade me one.  Any good?  is this a homeowner saw?
Thanks.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

shinnlinger

my initial search tells me this is just a rebadged poulan and not J-reds best showing but anyone have anything good to say about it???

Dave
Shinnlinger

Cut4fun

2138 reminds me of the 38cc poulan 220 I had. Good little saw in the $50 to $75 used saw range. JMO 

My 220 would out cut all the homeowner stihls in that size range and the poulan was much easier to work on then the little plastic stihls.  Again JMO and experience on the little saws.

If the 2138 is the 220 and trade is right I would take it in.

I just took in a echo 3900 little plastic homeowner type saw  on trade, I know nothing about. Time will tell if it can cut it too.  ;D

shinnlinger

It appears to be different from the 220, it looks just like the Poulan Pro PP4218.  Some one wants to give a non running johny and a husky 137 for a toyota engine.  I might hold out...
Shinnlinger

Cut4fun

Non runner 2138 $20, used 137 runner $50 -$100 max JMO. What is a toy motor worth. Sure dont seem like a fair trade for you.

shinnlinger

I agree with you on saw values.  I'm not a toyota guy but think the motor (running 22r) is worth at least 2x the saws value but the guy seemed insulted when I suggested that, but now he's starting to change his tune.  If its meant to be, its meant to be.....
Shinnlinger

Thank You Sponsors!