iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member Intro.

Started by Wash. Tinner, June 07, 2013, 10:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Quotelimits you to how much throttle you can give it for those big cuts.

::) ::)
Not sure I follow what you are saying here. Sounds like you are saying you increase the rpm's for the big cuts. Or do you mean something else? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Sure seems you are going about figuring your hammer speed and saw operation in a a funky way. I think you need to read and study this book before you spend your money on tuning that saw.

Circular Sawmills and their efficient operation.
http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/misc/circsaw.pdf
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Wash. Tinner

Quote from: beenthere on June 12, 2013, 10:46:17 AM
Quotelimits you to how much throttle you can give it for those big cuts.

::) ::)
Not sure I follow what you are saying here. Sounds like you are saying you increase the rpm's for the big cuts. Or do you mean something else? 
Yes, Increase the throttle to maintain saw RPMs, as it is now the linkage limits you to about 3000 motor RPMs and with no vacuum advance or governor we have to have access to more motor to maintain those saw RPMs. All of these adjustments will be fixed soon enough, I hope

Wash. Tinner

Quote from: Jeff on June 12, 2013, 11:02:15 AM
Sure seems you are going about figuring your hammer speed and saw operation in a a funky way. I think you need to read and study this book before you spend your money on tuning that saw.

Circular Sawmills and their efficient operation.
http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/misc/circsaw.pdf
I looked through that book and even tried to print it, about 1/3 of the way through I looked at the copies and it is ENCRYPTED!!!! I got 28 pages of English titles and encrypted info, It was awesome.

beenthere

The pages print fine for me. Not sure what you were meaning by "encrypted".
I've no problem printing a document with .pdf format, but you may.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wash. Tinner

Quote from: beenthere on June 12, 2013, 11:33:29 AM
The pages print fine for me. Not sure what you were meaning by "encrypted".
I've no problem printing a document with .pdf format, but you may.
I just got off the phone with the Forest Service, They are sending me a copy of the book.

beenthere

That's good, as the .pdf copy has a few minor errors from the scanner/digitizer translation used to 'read' the book into the system.
Still not sure why you can't print the .pdf file.
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Must be the way your computer handles the file. It downloads and displays fine here. I don't need to print it as I have my copy that has been with me since about 1981.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!