iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey there Southerners...ever eaten this before?

Started by Paschale, December 03, 2004, 08:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarshaw

Can't say as I ever had any viniger pie, I have had green tomato pie tho', that was real good.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Larry

Hey Arky red eye gravy and hog jowls is a feast for kings.  Desert gotta be pickeled pigs foot. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

etat

Not my favorite but I can handle the squirrel brains and eggs, I could tell ya how ya fry em up and crack the skull with the back of a knife but I'll leave that to someone else,  and the red eye gravy and biscuits is without a doubt some of the best breakfast food on earth, but I just don't think I'd a have a hankering for viniger pie, or pickled pigs feet, I've seen where pigs put their feet. .  

AND..........thinking that to eat snails i'd a have to be both hungry and drunk, and since I don't drink no more I reckon it ain't a gonna be much chance i'll be trying them any time soon.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

J_T

Ck that's what grand Pa use to do to them tree rats ::) And they an't disstilled enough spirits yet for me to eat that s car go ;D Now that country ham an red eye gravy yum yum  8)
Jim Holloway

Timber_Framer

Outside of my Texas wife one of the best things I found in the south was red eye gravy! Then there's greens, jalapeno corn bread and chicken fried steak.
Now I have had claves brains on rye toast with sauerkraut but I've never had squirrel brains. My wife is Cajun/Cherokee/Irish (ya'll can only imagine the woman's temper!) and she tells me when she was young and her and her daddy would go squirrel hunting he would say "Make shore you hit em in the head, cause I can't stand it when you're Granny smacks em on the skull and eats their brains" she became a pretty good shot!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Fla._Deadheader

Bein as how my young'uns was raised in Arkansas, They sometimes make Chocolate Gravy. There was 1 feller out there that could make it so everyone around would want some.

You would think there would be biscuits and gravy served more often around here, but, not so.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sawguy21

This is an interesting thread. I have never heard of a lot of the dishes being discussed.  Americans complain they can't get biscuits and gravy in restaurants here but we are not accustomed to it. Wild turkey (not the bourbon) is almost non-existent.
 I am wondering what we have that you Americans find unusual, other than our beer and rye. Vinegar pie does not sound appealling to me either but its great with fish and chips
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WH_Conley

Seagrams rye, my favorite Canadian export. Can't get it here.
Bill

Paschale

I'm a fan of that Canadian bacon, but it just seems like a hunk of ham to me...   ::)  Oh...and Labatt's ain't all that bad either!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

KENROD

Ya'll is starten to make me hungry. I'll have to get some traps set so I can have me some broiled beaver tail with fresh ground horseradish. Yummm!!

MULE_MAN

I'm kind of a Meat & Tater guy,  I think some of you guy's might want
to seek some Professional Help, on what you should be eating  :D  :D  :D  :D        ;D                              
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

woodchip

Back to the pie,yes it is very good.But I also eat grits and greens with corn bread.SOUL FOOD!

Thank You Sponsors!