iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks to all

Started by Kingcha, October 16, 2013, 09:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

I would say I have had a good first year, still have lots more to learn but I got time.   

I have the mill all ready for the winter

Timing seems good as the cold and rain started last night.   The last load of wood is in the kiln, though It might take awhile if the sun does not come out.

I got the front and the sides of the kiln done but I am still not sure how I am going to handle the back........I actually sort of like the way I built the Styrofoam back panels.   

My air drying rack is empty and the tarp is off for the winter.   

It worked pretty good and gets a lot of air flow.

Again I want to thank all of you that have been positive and so helpful.   I thought  I would have gotten a little more time milling but I can only use the wood so fast and storage space is limited.    Though I am sad the season for me is over I will soon start planning for next year.(More wood storage I am thinking)

I have started on my website and will plan on getting ready to mill for others next year.  I am guessing I will hit you all up with some questions this winter.
Until then I will be lurking.    :)

Looking forward to making it to the picnic next year and seeing many of you.

Thanks again  Matt 
Tomorrow off to play some poker
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Chuck White

Looks like you've pretty-well got it all figured out now Matt!

I didn't see much paint worn off the mill, so you must have done things right!

Now it's time to get things lined up for next Spring!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!