iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Return of the Husqvarna 562XP

Started by HolmenTree, May 30, 2020, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolmenTree

Raised on a farm we cut and skid wood in winter on ice and let it dry in the  warmer months. 
Warmer months were for field work and haying.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Woodfarmer

Are the brand new 562's now pretty much bulletproof?

Sprinter

My notion of opening a vent in the carb cover turned out to be bogus! It actually vents a considerable amount of air and possibly reducing potential boost pressure. So it could be a very bad thing.  :embarassed:

HolmenTree

Quote from: Sprinter on July 03, 2020, 05:38:14 PM
My notion of opening a vent in the carb cover turned out to be bogus! It actually vents a considerable amount of air and possibly reducing potential boost pressure. So it could be a very bad thing.  :embarassed:
Yes that would pretty well disable the air injection flow from the rewind housing. 
But then again when the cold weather plug in the airbox partition wall is removed to get cylinder heat to the carb....the saw runs fine.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Woodfarmer

There is a good thread going on OPE about hot starts. One fellow added a small air deflector to clutch side as his belief is the heat transfer from the handle to the tank is causing boiling fuel. I'm going to put some gasket material between the bottom handle screws and the tank to see if that helps.
I bought a newer top cover so I have one for warm weather and one for winter.
Now as for the carb deflector, I have heated handles and the wires come out right in front of the carb so there is not much room for a deflector.

weimedog

Cut the covers on those for years now. Also cut a hole thru the baffle in the muffler right in front of the exhaust port along with a little "pipe" added up and to the clutch side, but with that tube back far enough when the saw is "rotated" into the wood it doesn't hit that pipe. Combination of a popup, muffler mod, and cut covers they start easier ( more compression ), run cooler and I never had hot start issues with those saws I did back then..( 2015-16 ) Still don't when I run them now. Did a bunch for local loggers and they never had issues and they are still out there.

1) Great little saw that had both teething issues early on ( cases/ covers/ pistons/ carbs evolved to a better place now ) but Husqvarna as a company worked through them and gave options to the point I can take the earliest and for reasonable money turn them into useful saws ( cases, cut covers, muffler mods, CST firmware updates ), almost as good as the post 2016 offerings. AND with CST along with the ability to track the parameters and update, dealers have a great tool to support those saws with that feature.

2) With out exception new technologies take time to mature.....and why the 550 MK2 and 572 are rather spectacular as new product offerings.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Wairoa

My 562XP chain keeps coming loose after about 1/2 a tank. Have put on new sprocket, new bar, new chain but still happens. Anyone provide an answer. Never ever had any trouble before. Frustrating. 

Spike60

Might need to lube the chain tensioner in the clutch cover. Take the little black cover off, dab of grease and move it back and forth a couple times.

Odd though that it takes a 1/2 tank to get loose.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

lxskllr

Might be lack of bar oil, or the bar nuts aren't being tightened enough.

John Mc

Are you lifting up the nose of the bar when tightening the bar nuts?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Real1shepherd

On the older J'reds like the 801/80/90/621/70e et al.....working them hard in the summer professionally was never really an issue UNLESS you turned them off and parked in the sun. Gas would boil, hard to start etc. Park them in the shade and no issues....simple fix.;D

Kevin

Spike60

Glad you brought that up, because re-starting saws in 90° weather was a challenge way before auto-tune and M-tronic. Happened recently to me just running a 55. Big difference between cooling these little engines with 90° air vs 50° air. And setting them in the shade instead of the sun makes a bigger difference than most people would expect. Think about how much difference that makes when parking a vehicle.

Whenever the temp goes past 90°, we can be sure we'll get some hot start complaints. Yup, it's frustrating. Some guys think "Let me try the choke" and they make it worse. If you have a primer on your saw, then hit it a few times as the fuel in the tank is cooler than the fuel in the carb. Like the shade idea, every little bit helps. Good topic for the first day of summer, eh? :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Real1shepherd

Yeah I was pulling my hair out at first. I was new to J'reds about 1979 and was using them as back up saws. Logging in 90F+ is abnormal anyway up in the forest/mountains. It just feels weird and out of place....even dressing for the day takes some thought and consideration.

Kevin

weimedog

Done "cut cover" mods along with some targeted muffler mods for years now. Kind of old news? Factory has been doing that since 2016. Getting the "heat" out along with other mods have successfully solved that hot start thing on the saws in my community for at least 5 years prolly 6. GLAD you found that as the 562's are awesome AND with things like the short blocks and other advances that ALL retro back to the older versions. One of the best saw chassis to have available for sale in my most humble opinion.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Thank You Sponsors!