iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been thinking of the day in New York.

Started by Woodchuck53, September 11, 2012, 04:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodchuck53

I am on nights this hitch and while finishing my mid night reports I thought of all days it had to be this day.

We found out at a VC call from Houston this morning that the facility I am on and 2 others as well as our percentage of 2 more were sold off.

I had gone thru this in 1996 with Conoco Oil so I guess I am not surprised.

I company called Plains Exploration and Production  (PXP) out of Delaware has bought these places. They have assets all over the US and now want in deep water.

So as I am either 3 years or 8 years from retirement I guess here we go again. Wish me luck.  :-\

Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Magicman

I guess your options are to try to move somewhere else with your present company (if there is a job opening) or start working for the new company that bought the facility that you are on.  I was faced with a similar situation 18 years ago and it is no fun.  Best wishes with your future.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!