iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

band blade choice

Started by chet, March 12, 2002, 05:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I'm ordering a lumbermate this week. I'm not sure if I should order their blades or go with timberwolf. Any suggestions?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chet

sorry for the double post, I have to learn to control my mouse better. :-[
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tom

Welcome Chet.  Glad to see you posting.

I would say that a few blades from the manufacturer of your mill would be in order.  Those are not the only two options you have.  Timber wolf provides a good product and really believes in it.  You will also find that Woodmizer, Simonds and Lenox are popular bands as well.  Many times it will depend on how frequently you use the saw, how hard you challenge the blade, what woods you are cutting, whether you sharpen your own blade, use a service or throw them away after one use that will cause you to make a decision about which blade to ultimately use.

It never hurts to start off supporting the company that manufactures your mill.  They are where you go for support and offering them some in return pays dividends.

One day you will want to experiment and that is when you develop blade savvy.

DanG

I can't tell you much about bandsaw blades, Chet, since I ain't a bandsaw man. But I can tell you, WELCOME to the ForestryForum. Spend some time reading all the stuff here, and, by that time, your Norwood will be there, and you can share your experiences with us. :)   Ain't it neat, how this stuff works? 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Scott

Chet,

Welcome.I'll be heading up to Iron River tomorrow, my home town. Let me know where you're located and when you get that mill going?

I'll be at the U.P. office on 186 E. Hunter Road, Ice Lake.
~Ron

chet

Ron,
   What a small world, I live on West Sunset Lake RD. My property, as the crow flies is only about a mile from your office. How long you going to be in Iron River, I'll spring for coffee.

Ron Scott

I'll be there until Sunday. If you see a white Toyota Tacoma 4x4 parked there, stop in. My mother is there at the Crystal Falls Medicare Facilty so I'm up there fairly often to visit.

I also have a few friends there in the forestry business and others and usually pick up tree marking paint at The Nelson Paint Company in Kingsford.
~Ron

Kevin

Chet,
Congratulations on the mill, do you have a place to sit it or is it mobile?

Thank You Sponsors!