iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some people don't get it.

Started by hackberry jake, October 26, 2012, 11:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logboy

A journey into the comments section of YouTube is far too often a journey into depths of such depravity of human intellect and decency that light itself cannot penetrate.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

Okrafarmer

Quote from: logboy on October 27, 2012, 06:26:03 PM
A journey into the comments section of YouTube is far too often a journey into depths of such depravity of human intellect and decency that light itself cannot penetrate.

Unfortunately very true, because they don't have Jeff moderating it.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

GDinMaine

This thread is most interesting.  You just never know what people are going to write.  Surprising to read these thoughts from people who are interested in and pursue such an old-fashioned kind of work.  I fit in more then I thought.  I personally do like trees.  I love how some grow leaves in the Spring and then turn the greatest of colors in the Autumn.  My favorite pass-time is walking in the woods.  I also love how the selected ones turn into great functional and decorative furniture, and others heat my house, that is also built with parts of trees.  Oh yes....  I did consider myself a bit of hippy, but I might not qualify. 
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

JohnM

Quote from: GDinMaine on October 27, 2012, 08:32:32 PM
I did consider myself a bit of hippy, but I might not qualify.

GD and I are friends in real life (internet is fake life I guess ??? :-\) and yes you are a 'bit' of a hippy.  But G, if you start wearing that patchouli crap I'm not hanging out with you anymore!!  I hate that.........'stuff'.   ;)

And as for you tube commenters...there may not be any real trolls under bridges but the interwebs is loaded with em.  ;D

JM

PS  GD has a secret that I told him he needed to post about.  Hint: it makes lots of sawdust.... :-X
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

1woodguy

Had a lady who had her husband hire me to cut afew oaks that were bumping their new lake house in the wind(her dad built three his her and her sisters houses)left trees right next to houseshad already cut around dads house and dealt with the mom in past she was bit off.anyway the daughter followed me an
Every chance she got she was right in my way asking me if I felt like Paul Bunyan  killing the trees did it make me feel like a real man a big tough guy blah blah
Told her that she wanted them down she kept on
  When I had my fill asked her if she had a zipper or a button some type of shutter or does it ever shut she wondered what
Your mouth!
She got her husband and I explained to him that if he wanted me to finish keep her away from me(he smiled and said he understood)

Had another kind of like her years back in the 70's who had been in and out of nut house for years actually kicked me while I was running a saw cutting down a tree she was totally freaked crying about the screams (according to her trees scream while your murdering them)guess I couldn't hear the screams over the saw!
She was interesting to say the least  I knocked on the door of the house and a guy got her inside
Was working for a tree service at the time and some of the guys thought that was funny
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

redprospector

Quote from: Tree Feller on October 26, 2012, 11:43:02 PM
Trees are a renewable resource and should be managed as such. However, neither you nor I are going to change anyone's mind on the subject via this or any forum.

When you see videos (and they are on the net) of people sitting in a circle, mourning and wailing to the sky over a tree that got cut down, you know that facts and logic won't alter their opinion. It is their religion and they are as fanatical about it as a suicide bomber.

Here's one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElJFYwRtrH4

Hahaha!
EarthFirst
We'll log the other planets later!

I had a woman stop me once while I was thinning a lot in a sub-division. She asked "Can't you hear those trees screaming when you saw them down?" I told her to stick around and listen while I ran them through the chipper.  :D
That night my chipper was sabataged.  >:(

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!