iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Pickup To The Rescue

Started by David Freed, October 19, 2016, 06:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Freed

My neighbor stopped by yesterday evening and asked if I could help him pull his tractor out of a wet spot where a spring comes out of the side of a hill. He said his skid steer could pull it out if i would drive the tractor.

We drove way back on his property with the skid steer. The tractor was just barely stuck. We hooked up his chain, and when he tried to tighten it up, he immediately got stuck.  ::)

We walked back to the house, and I went home to get several of my chains. I drove the pickup to the top of the hill and he dragged 100' of chain down to the skid steer. I pulled it out, then we hooked to the tractor and pulled it out.  8)

He tried to pay me, but I said I could use his skid steer one of these days as a trade.  smiley_thumbsup

azmtnman

Well, it wasn't one of those Amish guys in your neighborhood!  :D :D :D
I have a couple good friends that live in Odon. One of them was a turkey farmer and now owns an advertising outfit in Washington, the other is a big hog farmer. I know several of the Amish guys too.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

David Freed

Quote from: azmtnman on October 21, 2016, 12:15:38 AM
Well, it wasn't one of those Amish guys in your neighborhood!  :D :D :D
I have a couple good friends that live in Odon. One of them was a turkey farmer and now owns an advertising outfit in Washington, the other is a big hog farmer. I know several of the Amish guys too.
NOBODY knows where Odon is. Are you from this area?

OneWithWood

David, I not only know where Odon is I have been there.  :D
I think it was for the SWCD annual meeting.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

thecfarm

Nobody knows where Chesterville is either. Unless you have a WM.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

azmtnman

Quote from: David Freed on October 22, 2016, 08:42:49 PM
NOBODY knows where Odon is. Are you from this area?
I am originally from Jackson Co. (Seymour), but I have been to Odon several times to visit friends.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Thank You Sponsors!