iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flow Control

Started by smwwoody, August 12, 2003, 10:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

HI

Can I use a prince model RD 137 flow control on a two way hydraulic motor.  I want to plumb it in on the hose for the forward motion side this will controll the forward speed of the motor but when I put in in reverse will it also controll the speed because now it will be limiting the flow of the exhaust.  I realy don't care if it controls the speed in reverse or not.  I would rather have it run faster in reverse.  I am just wondering if it will alow the exhaust when in reverse to backflow through it at any rate? ??? :P
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

BBTom

You might be able to plumb a one way valve in parallel with your flow control so that the return fluid bypasses the control.

This should give you a full speed reverse, and still control forward with the controller.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Tim

That's the way I have the flow control inline with the by-pass for the return, BB Tom. The carriage returns at roughly 4x the speed of the controled forward flow. I figure if the cable ever breaks on the return, the carriage should stop somewhere in the middle of the log yard...
BTW... it works fine
Eastern White Cedar Shingles

smwwoody

Thanks guys that is the way I will put it in.  that is what I was after a faster carraige return
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!