iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel prices

Started by DanG, May 26, 2005, 10:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Within the week, there will be a whole bunch of our members on the road, Ohio bound.  It would be nice to know what areas along the way have the best gas prices.  For instance, we'll be going through Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio.  Should we top off in Tenn, or wait till we're in Ky?

If those of you who live along the routes leading to Niles could give us price reports, it would be helpful. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fraxinus

I doubt if any of you will be going through NY or CT, but those two states are never a good place to buy fuel.  NH, VT and MA are always cheaper than NY and CT.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

tnlogger

pat filled the van up yesterday and reg is 1.91 around here but if your going to run up 75 i think it a little lower around Knoxville.
gene

DanG

Yeah!  That's the sort of info I'm looking for! 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Doc

Dang, if you come through Alabama you can expect to see regular gas running at about 1.90 to 2 bucks depending. Just watch the signs close, and the bigger the stops (competition) the better the prices seem to get. South Alabama near the coast, and either side of Birmingham shoudl be ont he lower side of that as well.

Doc

OneWithWood

If our prices are any indication, hold on to your wallet  :o

Yesterday most stations had regular at $1.91 a gallon.  This morning I filled up the dump truck.  the price had increased to $2.09 overnight!!  Can you say Memorial Weekend?  I do not expect the holiday boost in prices to come down much before you head up to Sawlex.  But don't let that stop you form coming up!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Fraxinus

I've heard some other Indianner folks say they do that there.  Never seen it happne here. 
Here the price is dropping, 2 cents by 2 cents.  Still above $2 but getting closer.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Roxie

Fuel up before you get to Pennsylvania.....average is around $2.15.
Say when

Ironwood

Roxie/ DanG,

Western Pa. Last night spent $110 in fuel for the one ton and cans for forklifts, tractors. It was 1.99 Reg. 2.09 Mid. grade. Company named

SHEETZ is the best bet usually as they are big and very competitive, usually in conspicuious locations up here.
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Furby

Yep, we just did the first of the holiday jumps, up 17 cents to $2.15. Should be another jump yet this week.
Prices probly won't be back down in time for SAWLEX.

Haytrader

Here ya go, DanG,

Here you can check all areas along the way.
Hope this helps.

http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

Haytrader
Haytrader

Ed_K

$2:15 regular $2:40 diesel
Ed K

wiam

$1.99 for reg in St. Johnsbury, VT.  If you gas there, stop and see me it is not much further out of the way. :D :D :D

Will

Sawyerfortyish

Hey wiem where are you near St Johnsbury ? My mom and dad just left for our camp at West Danville off Rt2 on Joe's pond today.

Captain

I used to ski Joe's Pond EVERY DAY....$1.98 in town for regular today...

Captain

moosehunter

$2.27 in centrail NY. Thats regular.
MH
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

CHARLIE

DanG, I took a trip down to Florida back in the end of March.  I went across Wisconsin, down through Illinois, across Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgian into Florida.  I found Kentucky and Georgia to be the cheapest.  I filled up in Paducah, Kentucky and that got me into Georgia. I filled up a couple of times in Georgia and just before going into Florida.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press listed the top 5 states with the highest gas tax and the 5 lowest states.  Wisconsin is the state with the highest gas tax in the U.S. at over 32¢ a gallon. Georgia is the state with the lowest gas tax in the U.S. at about 7¢ per gallon.  Minnesota is about 24h with a 20¢ per gallon gas tax.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

gary

Gas was 1.93 yesterday in niles ohio

TN_man

DanG,
On 75 just before you hit the Tn border in Ga is usually the cheapest you will wee on your trip. I have not made that trip real recent, but that is always the cheapest place around. When I lived in Chattanooga (you know that i got to be from there to spell it right) I would take the time to drive across the line to get gas. Have a good trip and I hope to meet ya there.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

bull

Just got a delivery of off road fuel  paid $2.08  for a 200 gallon minimum
Gas here  Reg $ 2.10 mid. $ 2.14 sup. $2.23....  up and down every other day...
Diesel at the pumps if you can find it is around $ 2.40....

Don't fill up on the Holidays....  Price Gauging....

wiam

Sawyerfortyish,  I live in Barnet.  I went to high school in Danville and worked there for about 7 years.  Are you from the area or just a camp there?

Will

gary

well gas went from 1.93 yesterday to 1.99 today

Tom_Averwater

Exit  175 on I- 75 in Northern Ky. usually has the best prices in northern Ky. and Cinn. ,Ohio .There are 2 Pilot truck Stops there.     Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

gmmills

In the Warren area prices are running from $ 1.89 to $ 1.93 seems like the prices are higher out on route 46 near the expo center. Was out that way last night and every station was at $ 1.93. The only exception was Sam's Club $1.87. 
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Corley5

$2.19 in Gaylord  >:(  That's better than the 2.40 it has been ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Patty

I looked yesterday and ethonal/blend is $1.89,  the other is $1.93. Just in case you happen through Union IA.  (Bangor doesn't have a gas station.)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

maple flats

You might better gas up just before and just after NY if you are passing thru. We have $2.20 in Oneida, NY.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!