iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo 590

Started by trapper, September 09, 2016, 12:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

Went to the logging congress show in oshkosh today.  One dealer was selling the timberwolf for $320.  very tempting but I am loyal to my local dealer.  Many things he will drop work in progress and make minor repairs for me.  The little 310 for$160.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

ladylake

That's a good price on a real good 60cc saw.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SawTroll

Quote from: ladylake on September 09, 2016, 12:23:14 PM

That's a good price on a real good 60cc saw.  Steve

Those saws usually are cheap, and rightfully so - "real good" is a major over-statement, unless what they are compared to are plastic cased "homeowner" saws
Information collector.

ladylake

For as cheap as they are they are built real good, no over statement at all. Tuned right they run right with or real close to the best Husky and Stihl saws and cut way faster than their home owner saws , plus they are pro built  except the 590 has a spur sprocket and a cheaper bar on it , both can be upgraded if the original wears out. Best buy out there, if your a logger you might want to get a Husky 562  which is 1/2# lighter and a little faster if you can get it started in hot weather..  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

21incher

I have a 590 & 310 and they both have been great saws. They both are easy to start and reliable for my use. Glad that I switched from Stihl to Echo because I have a great dealer now. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

trapper

I have a 310.  not real impressed with it power wise.  any suggestions. Open up muffler and remove carb limiters?  for $200 not real worried about warranty.   Starts real good.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

ladylake

Yes do both, I did a CS352 a month ago, really picked up a lot of power. I use it a lot around the mill cutting up slabs and trimming boards.  Steve

hman

I just bought an echo 600p chainsaw with a 24 inch bar for 420 plus tax.

DPatton

I bought the 590 earlier this spring and am quite happy with it so far. I use this saw on a weekly basis for felling and cutting logs or just trimming logs up at my mill. It has a good power to weight ratio and starts flawlessly.
I agree with Ladylake that the saw comes with a spur style sprocket and cheaper bar than their CS600 but both parts can be upgraded in the future if need be.
Bottom line is I'm very satisfied with the 590 saw so far.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Canadiana

Great to read a thread not revolving around those big 2 brands that will go unnamed.... I guess there are other options
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Thank You Sponsors!