iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with plants on my property

Started by Jeff, June 19, 2007, 11:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Seems to be. Sometimes there are ephemeral pools it grows by. It's probably either of the two species mentioned. I have it on my ground here on an open damp trail where cedar grew. Doesn't take too well to dense weed areas.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Its growing just inside the woods. Quite a bit of light but on the edge of the cedars. This one was not far from my one big white pine.

Here is a little fun guy. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Yup, and pretty sneaky to.  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Jonny and I found this on Jeff's property, I had a really hard time getting a clear pic of it, so this is the best I have.

WDH

Monotropa uniflora.  Indian Pipe I think. 

It is a heterotroph, which means it does not contain chlorophyll and is non-photosynthetic.  It lives by utilizing a fungus that is symbiotic with tree roots.  The Indian Pipe uses this mycorrhizal fungus to get food from the host tree.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Don't know any greek names,but that's what we call them around here too,Indian Pipes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Quote from: thecfarm on August 20, 2007, 07:57:32 AM
Don't know any greek names,but that's what we call them around here too,Indian Pipes.

I don't know any Greek names either :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

I know a few Greek names - Zeus, Hera, Athena, Hermes, Aphrodite...but I'm much better with Latin names ;).
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

thecfarm

Greek,latin doesn't matter it's still all greek to me.   :D   I meant latin.I could go back and change it,but than some posts would not look right. Oh well. I still don't know many latin words.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Hey thecfarm, we knew what you meant, but we was just having fun ;).

SwampDonkey

The woods are full of it where we are cutting brush on Blue Bell mountain. And funny thing is, there isn't anything else growing in under those thickets, except I see some ripe red berries of the Indian cumber root now and again.

Thank You Sponsors!