iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

partner 500 as good as a 5000?

Started by old 030, October 15, 2011, 04:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old 030

just got around to getting my 500 going,ran good, but oiler was shot when i got it,found that a husky 55 pump can be made to work on this saw. anyway, it still seamed sluggish running, after opening up the exhaust, it runs great, not because it's louder, it really came to life. watching some vids on youtube, seams to run as good as the 5000's i've seen on there, anyone else feel the same way?. i was going to put a 5000 topend on it, but i think runs great the way it is.

Cut4fun

Early 5000 was open port just like 500. Best running stock 5000 I had was a 1979 early 5000 open port with a blue coil.
I have had 5000 plus closed port and 490 closed port. Some could pull 3/8 some not as strong pulled 325 only the way I like.
I have a couple 500 out there pulling 3/8 with 16" to 20".
So run them, no need to be changing if it runs good IMHO.

old 030

thanks cut4fun, i think i'll leave it the way it is and enjoy it ;D

tjhammer

I have a farmer 65 I bought new in the 70's still runs strong I opened up the muffer after I bought it and it helped I like the saw but can't find parts for it,does anyone know what cc a 65 is ??? the shocks on the handle are shot and some where along time the throttle linkage has been lost,if I could find parts I would start using again(very good saws in their day)
  tj
hammer

old 030

yea, these were 65cc, i have a f65 under the skilsaw lable, i still think my 500 runs better, my av mount isn't the greatest on f65 either :-\

Cut4fun

For parts. Scott at Chainsawr in VT probably has them and if not shown email and ask and he will pull the parts you need. He has helped me alot in the past years.

http://store.chainsawr.com/search?q=partner+f65

http://store.chainsawr.com/search?q=partner+65

tjhammer

thanks cut4fun for the infoI just got back from sugarcreek ohio bought a saw mill hauled back to tn. what a trip real pretty  right in the middle of almish and menenight (sp) country,they sure live different than the ones down here.
tj
hammer

Cut4fun

I'm not to far from sugarcreek, 1.5 hr to the west. Nice drive for you for sure.

Thank You Sponsors!