iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timber harvester electric mill converted engine drive, need some wiring help

Started by 11399rpv, March 05, 2019, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11399rpv

hello,
i have a timber harvester 36HTE25. it was repowered with a gas engine. wiring was removed including the 24v ac to the solenoids. i purchased a transformer but cant determine where to land the 24volts. also, the solenoid for the carriage motion is 110V ac. and there are two 24v relays installed,previous owner used a separate plug in for the 110V.  i am assuming these control the 110 solenoid using 24v. i know some of you are saying good luck at this point. none of the information i have shows the wiring for the solenoids through the control box. any information would be greatly appreciated to help me rewire this mill. 
Thanks!

KenMac

I'm no expert on this type wiring, but in the HVAC industry solenoids can be opened by different voltage coils. You may be able to change out the coils on your solenoids to ones that suit your voltage. You will probably want to control solenoids with 12 volts DC since you will have a battery for your gas engine- right?
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

KenMac

Oh, and by the way WELCOME to the Forum. There are many intelligent members here who are willing to help. Someone will chime in soon, I bet.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

11399rpv

thank you for the suggestion. i guess i am stuck with trying to see the logic/reason a previous owner had for converting one solenoid to 110v. I agree with you on the solenoids. if they were all 24v ac i would be ok. the addition of added relays and no diagrahm is where i am stuck. i may end up rewiring all. by the way, are you in the hvac field? i am, long time refrigeration. 
Thanks again

KenMac

Yep.....23 years in commercial hvac. Currently I'm assigned to a pharmaceutical lab full time. Plan to retire at the end of the year and mill lumber.

tylerltr450

All wiring for the TH go from the control box to the solenoids. Sounds like you might be better off wiring it yourself. Are you trying to convert it back to electric, or stay with the gas motor?

Timber Harvester 36HTD25 fully loaded
2006 Dodge 2500 first Auto to NV5600 swap, EFI Live Tune by me
John Deere Tractor
Massey Ferguson 711B SkidSteer

Thank You Sponsors!