iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trailer Question

Started by Arbor-Mill, February 13, 2014, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

Quote from: Arbor-Mill on February 15, 2014, 05:32:44 PM
Thanks scsmith,

I think I have talked to you before on the NC woodworker forum.  Piedmont Sawmill is my name on that forum.  Thanks for the names of those companies!  Hope all is well your way.

Yup.  Good to meet you on the FF.  There is a gathering of NC millers planned soon; it would be great if you could make it.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

ahlkey

I would not recommend welding on this type of application. The plate is bolted to the I-Beams and then the loader bolted to the plate. In between the plate and the loader I used a 1/8" plywood board and well as grade 8 bolts.  The loader is a Metavic 1400 model and the parts I needed were available.

NCForester

Hello there in Oxford,
NCForester here near Black Mt.
There is a Hudson dealer in Raleigh that can get the log-loader trailers.  I talked to him at the Farm Show in Raleigh earlier this month.
Maybe he can give you some advice.

David-L

brendonv, yes there is a steel plate on most that is pre-drilled and the loader bolts to the plate ,the plate bolts to whatever your application is. I like the bolting arrangement as if you need to you could have another application as I do which is to run it on a large tractor on the 3-point hitch system. i estimate it would take me 3hrs to get it off my trailer. that steel plate is 2 to 2.5 inches thick and is pre-drilled.  Good luck, look at Northeast Implement in NY on line. very knowledgeable guys. i don't know how i ran my farming -forestry business without this tool.

David l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thank You Sponsors!