iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stump grinder sharpening

Started by justintimemoto, August 02, 2014, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justintimemoto

I have a stump grinder for my skidsteer. I would like to figure out how to sharpen it, I haven't had much luck hopefully so I came here haha. can anyone explain on how to sharpen these? I saw the green wheel but some people mentioned a diamond wheel for a grinder which is better and how do I do it?
ms660 372xp 455 rancher

2006 suzuki rm 125 for sale

stumpjumper83

There are a variety of stumpgrinder teeth.  I have a large tow behind Vermeer that runs 900 series greenteeth.  There are also 1/2 finger teeth, Yellowjackets, Alpine rhinos, Leonardi's... etc...

Post a pic of what your wheel look like and I'll see what we can do for you.  Some manufacturers use there own branded tooth, but a lot use another vendors tooth.  Personally the greenteeth work for me.  No Pocket maintence, rotatable teeth, and easy field maintence.  Oh and they are tough and cut really well.

Piston

What kind of stumpgrinder do you have for your skidsteer?  I have a Shaver model for my tractor.  I have never sharpened the teeth for it, I didn't even know you could.  I use it until the teeth are worn badly and then get the teeth re tipped with the carbide cutters. 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Thank You Sponsors!