iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bobcat FRC60 help (really mulcher head in general)

Started by Bcg, March 31, 2020, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bcg

Hi guys, I recently bought a Kubota SVL95-2S high flow and a Bobcat FRC60 at auction, along with a bunch of other attachments.  I'm having some issues with the FRC60 and am hoping someone here can help me out.  First, if anyone has a manual for it that they could scan, I'd be happy to pay them for the effort.

My issue with the mulcher head is that I can't get it to turn.  I've checked the belt and it's in tact and tight.  The hydraulic hoses on the head are 1/2" and the high flow ports on the SVL are 3/4" so I know I need to correct that but, I doubt that's preventing it from turning at all.  The 1/2 couplers are on there very tight and I've not been able to break them loose yet, I'm probably going to take the head to the hydraulic shop and have them just cut those off and put new ends on the hoses.  What else should I be looking at to determine why it's not turning?  

The gauge seems to be broken (it's stuck at 2,000 PSI even disconnected) and I need to replace all the teeth as well so I've got some work to do on this sucker regardless.  Before I start on all that though, I'd just like to see it spin.

I appreciate any help you guys can offer!

DirtGuy

Can you turn the drum manually? It may be a bearing that has gone out.

Bcg

Quote from: DirtGuy on March 31, 2020, 06:55:12 PM
Can you turn the drum manually? It may be a bearing that has gone out.
Good question, I haven't tried.  I'll do that tomorrow.

mike_belben

You probably dont have flow out of the machine aux ports.  A bad bearing isnt gonna stop a mulcher drum.  

If the engine isnt loading down and you dont hear whining fluid somewhere i doubt you have activated the aux flow.  Never used one so i cant be much help on the operation end.
Praise The Lord

Bcg

Quote from: mike_belben on April 01, 2020, 03:22:37 AM
You probably dont have flow out of the machine aux ports.  A bad bearing isnt gonna stop a mulcher drum.  

If the engine isnt loading down and you dont hear whining fluid somewhere i doubt you have activated the aux flow.  Never used one so i cant be much help on the operation end.
I've definitely got flow, all my other attachments run fine and I can see the hydraulic lines on the mulching head jump when I press the aux flow button.  I've spent most of the last several days running a brush cutter, tree shear, post driver and a grapple.

Wudman

Not sure if this is applicable to your situation.  The roller switch on the right hand joystick......roll it to the right and hold it until the head comes up to speed and then release. 
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Bcg

Quote from: Wudman on April 01, 2020, 09:34:03 AM
Not sure if this is applicable to your situation.  The roller switch on the right hand joystick......roll it to the right and hold it until the head comes up to speed and then release.
It never starts to turn, I see the hydraulic hoses jump but, that's it.

Skeans1

Bcg

Ok, so I messed with it this afternoon.  Put it on the CTL and picked it up, drum spun freely.  I took off the side plates and found a good bit of debris and grease so I got out the pressure washer and cleaned all that up.  I then hooked up the hydraulic lines and as still not having any luck and then one of the lines popped off the manifold.  So, I reset it and made sure it was locked in place and it spun right up. I think I just had a poor connect at the manifold. 

I've got some hydraulic leaks to repair, mainly at the quick connects.  I'm going to take it to the hydraulic shop Friday and see if they can cut the old ones off and put new fittings on with the correct 3/4" couplers.

Thanks for the help.

Now I need to go ahead and order a new set of teeth for it.  Does anyone have a vendor they like for those with good pricing?  I'm definitely going with aftermarket teeth, Bobcat is way proud of theirs.

Thank You Sponsors!