iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well boys, I went and done it!

Started by bkellyvtme, April 28, 2012, 10:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

close it in put a heater in it and drag snowmobile trails with it. you could pull a big drag with that one

madmari

Is that Leach's gravel pit in the background? We cut pine near you last winter over near the reservoir in Berkshire.

Nice machine- should be lots of work for it. Gearmatic winch?
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

bkellyvtme

Quote from: madmari on April 29, 2012, 08:15:42 PM
Is that Leach's gravel pit in the background? We cut pine near you last winter over near the reservoir in Berkshire.

Nice machine- should be lots of work for it. Gearmatic winch?

No that isn't Leaches, it is a mulch yard in NY where the machine was sitting. It is a Gearmatic. You did a job in Berkshire near the reservoir? Off of Reservoir road?

madmari

Yup, finally getting the pulp chipped this week. Chip mill went to quotas before the frost went out, then the roads were posted, then the rain....now chips dropped significantly. Murphy rules!!!
  Do you have worked lined up for that rig? I get calls for work where that machine would shine- 
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

bkellyvtme

No work yet, as I want to make sure it is 100%. I am looking though. I would love to get calls like that.

lumberjack48

If i was up on my feet, it would have been setting in my yard. I would have bought it before posted a pic on here.

I'm glad you jumped on an bought it bkellyvtme. That machine will only go up in value. It looked bigger in the first pic, its really a nice looking machine.

I logged in many Cedar, Spruce an Tamarack swamps, that would have been the ticket. Some of the big swamps here won't freeze, even at -50, to much heat from underneath. I went down with the C5, took use 2 days to get it out. There a lot of places i couldn't use my S8 , it was to heavy.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

bkellyvtme

It has been one of the highlights of my life to be able to get this machine. I am very excited about getting this machine 100%  and seeing what it will do. Since I don't rely on logging as a living, I am going to take it easy on this machine and treat it like family. I am currently trying to get some rubber belting to replace the track belting. Got some good leads and come to find out I might be able to get some used conveyor belt from the quarry in town. It is the same stuff as what is on the tracks and not beat up. Then a little sand blasting, paint to get it looking pretty, fluids and new boggie bearings and the hopefully we will be 100%.

thumper

wow! sweet machine kelly! im working on a swampy hardwood job up here right now, and thatd work awful good! 8)
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

bkellyvtme

Wish I was close enough to give you a hand. I have been trying to get it 100%. I have been replacing all the bearings and seals. The hubs had these caps on them where the hub was machined down and threaded. The caps were screwed on like capping off the end of a pipe. I was tapping out a race and split the end of the hub. Well, $254 for a new hub. That hurts. I hope the other 6 will not crack. I hoping to get some working shots sometime in the near future. I got three jobs already without going to look for it. I have a list of people who want to buy it too. I think they are going  to be waiting a long time. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!