iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New kiln going in

Started by Peter Drouin, May 11, 2013, 08:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I cut the trees and stump the land

I have more to cut, I like to see were the sun is be for cuting, more oaks are coming down,
I have to level some more ground

I hope to get back to it, but the saw jobs are piling up :D :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

barbender

That is some nice looking existing soil, are you sure you don't want to open a gravel pit instead? ;)
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Good luck with the new kiln. If I did that on my land the pile of rocks would be bigger than the pile of wood.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: barbender on May 11, 2013, 08:36:47 AM
That is some nice looking existing soil, are you sure you don't want to open a gravel pit instead? ;)

I though of that but theres only so many hrs in the day, and with all the paper work to open a pit It would cost 50,ooo.00 just to start one, before I dig  :D :D :D :D,
and it would only be a 25 A pit, for the money I have to have 100+ A,  then you have to reclam the land and thats 30,000.00+
It gos on and on , not like the old days :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

Good looking kiln site, Peter.   :)

Quote from: thecfarm on May 11, 2013, 08:58:16 AMIf I did that on my land the pile of rocks would be bigger than the pile of wood.
If I did that on my land there would not be the first single rock.

This is my streambed during low water.  There is not the first sign of any gravel.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Is it all sand at your house Magicman :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Nomad

If I did that on my land there would not be the first single rock.

This is my streambed during low water.  There is not the first sign of any gravel.
[/quote]

Same here in north Florida.  I think I'd have to drive a hundred miles from here to find a rock.  It's all sugar sand.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

customsawyer

What kind of kiln are you getting?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Quote from: Peter Drouin on May 11, 2013, 03:39:48 PMIs it all sand at your house Magicman :)
Very little sand, just hard clay.  Our dug stock ponds, etc. hold water very well because of the clay.

Another view.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I say all rocks on my land. Just up the road from me,I buy gravel from him.My grandparents use to own that. Lots and lots of gravel pits just within a few miles of my place. I redid my 500 foot driveway,I don't think there was a rock bigger than 3 inches in all the loads he brought me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: customsawyer on May 11, 2013, 05:47:24 PM
What kind of kiln are you getting?

Im going with a solar kiln and a dehumidifier one with black tin on the inside under the glazen, Will see how the wood sales go. I saw on here that was being built, but can;t find the thread, thats ok Ill get to it ,  :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

A Pineywoods solar kiln in New Hampshire?  Seems appropriate  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on May 14, 2013, 07:26:38 AM
A Pineywoods solar kiln in New Hampshire?  Seems appropriate  ;D.

Im going to try but if wood sales go good Ill get a real one ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Planman1954

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Peter Drouin

Thanks thats it , is it still working :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

loggah

Peter, Didnt Carl Ellis used to own a gravel pit just up the road from you? seems i remember him talking about one years ago. Nice material to work with  for sure !! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Peter Drouin

Quote from: loggah on May 15, 2013, 07:31:47 PM
Peter, Didnt Carl Ellis used to own a gravel pit just up the road from you? seems i remember him talking about one years ago. Nice material to work with  for sure !! Don
[/quote

Yes, I was going to buy it one time but he had to find out how much gravel was there, try to sell the gravel to me before it was made into gravel :D :D :D that was a long time ago, like 25 years  :D
and the Howe boys had one going too
just down the road Pike inc lug off 10 A of rock and sand and made gravel at there plant
A&P saw Mill LLC.

John_Haylow

Things are taking shape Peter.Looking forward to seeing your progress.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Thank You Sponsors!