New member getting into cutting my own lumber

Started by Menagerie-Manor, March 09, 2022, 12:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trimguy

Menagerie-Manor

Just finished forming and pouring concrete support piers, gonna lay 6x6's across the piers for the rails.

If you come to a fork in the road take it.....

Woodland Mills HM126
Yanmar YM2310D
Stihl 031AV
Stihl MS251

Menagerie-Manor

Ground is finally dry enough to start getting the space prepped, shed needs to find a new location but it's out of the way.

Woodland Mills HM126
Yanmar YM2310D
Stihl 031AV
Stihl MS251

Menagerie-Manor

Our annual monsoon finally subsided about a week ago and its just dry enough now that I could run the tractor without ripping everything up, managed to set the saw head and get the re-purposed shed into place for lumber storage today. Ran thru all the Woodland setup procedures so hopefully making some sawdust tomorrow.

Woodland Mills HM126
Yanmar YM2310D
Stihl 031AV
Stihl MS251

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trimguy

Menagerie-Manor

Managed to cut mill the bulk of the shed framing from my standing dead so off we go. All the posts set and concrete poured today.

Got a lot done yesterday and I'm paying for it today, getting old sucks.

Woodland Mills HM126
Yanmar YM2310D
Stihl 031AV
Stihl MS251

aigheadish

Moving along well and it looks like you've got a nice spot. 

I'm quite envious of y'all who make your own lumber. Not owning a sawmill (and being too lazy to run my chainsaw mill much) makes it a drag to see some of this stuff, but I'm happy for all y'all that can do it and it's neat to see new equipment coming along. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Menagerie-Manor

Making some decent progress, with just about $100 into the structure. May have to actually have to buy a roof since I don't seem to have any mild steel trees to mill.

Woodland Mills HM126
Yanmar YM2310D
Stihl 031AV
Stihl MS251

trimguy

Menagerie-Manor

Finished up all the good weather must accomplish projects and got a lot done on the mill shed last 2 weeks, roof is
up and I beat the rains. Time to start cutting some barn siding.

Woodland Mills HM126
Yanmar YM2310D
Stihl 031AV
Stihl MS251