iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made an offer on this today (up grades )

Started by Bruno of NH, March 08, 2020, 03:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I know it's old but if I run it right and take care of it.
I hope it will serve me well.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Stephen1

Quote from: Bruno of NH on March 11, 2020, 05:01:19 AM
I know it's old but if I run it right and take care of it.
I hope it will serve me well.
I have an older 1993 742 with a mitsubishi propane engine,and it has run 7 years for me. I had to do a head gasket and new radiator, but it just runs and runs. I wish it could lift more. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Bruno of NH

Using big Bob around the mill yard.
This thing is a beast.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

tacks Y

Must be a keeper if you already named it. Do you like the fork grapple? I am looking at grapple buckets now.

Bruno of NH

Tacks Y,
Yes I like the fork grapple around the mill yard.
It works good for what I do. 
I would also like a root grapple they work great for clean up jobs.
My friend has one.

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

ehp

Bruno that is what I sort on the landing with is a skidsteer , they are fast and quite strong . I got a new S740 yesterday . I have used some of the smaller machines and its surprising on how big of a log they will pick up and move

Bruno of NH

The only issue so far is my other sae quick attach stuff won't fit the quick attach. 
I will have to find someone to make a blank plate then have a sae quick attach welded to it.
I can't find anything all ready built.

Stephen1

Great name. "Big Bob"
Can you post a pic of the fork grapple and the name of it. I really need one at my bush yard, it is very rough terrain.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Bruno of NH

I'm getting a very strong smell of raw fuel when starting.
When cold starting
It that a glow plug issue ?
Or injectors ?
It runs great otherwise 
Thanks Bruno

Bruno of NH

51cub

Easy stuff first. If it's going away as it warms up take a look for wet spots right after you start it. Look around the filter and the lines, check that all the joints are tight , than go from there
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Crusarius

Southside

As in the exhaust smells of fuel?  How is the intake line and air cleaner?  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

chevytaHOE5674

If the smell is coming from the exhaust after it's been sitting a while I'm going to go with leaky injector('s). 

Bruno of NH

Are injector hard to replace and cost a lot ?

chevytaHOE5674

Hard to replace? Generally not unless they are stubborn and stuck or carboned in the hole.

Cost all depends on what is available. Popular engines are usually cheaper oddballs are usually more expensive.

If you have a good diesel pump shop nearby you can pull the injectors and have them tested.

51cub

Check your oil level. If the injectors are leaking bad enough it'll be overfull and smell like fuel. More important, the fuel will be washing the cylinder walls
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

chevytaHOE5674

Quick google says a BobCat 974 came new with a Perkins 4.236 in it. In the last 30+ years it's entirely possible it has been changed though.

If it's still a Perkins 4.236 then it is a common engine to some MF tractors and all sorts of small ag and construction equipment. Parts are plentiful and easily sourced. 

Bruno of NH

Bruno of NH

Is there a special puller I would need to change the injectors ?

Bruno of NH

Do o pull the top things off that connects to each injector?
Then pull the cap like thing to get them out ?

chevytaHOE5674

Pull the return lines off the tops of the injectors, remove the feed line on the side, should be 2 hold down studs to remove. If your lucky you should then be able to pop them up.

Be mindful of the copper washer on the injector tips. 

If your removing them do you have a place to test them? Or just going to replace? Highly highly doubtful you will be able to visually see anything wrong.

Bruno of NH

I have 2 options replace or
See if the guy in the next town over has an injector shop can rebuild them ?

Thank You Sponsors!