iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree value

Started by maineshops, March 30, 2023, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maineshops

There is a tree value calculator on line they says a white ash 50 ft tall and 16 in dia is worth $2000 dollers. That's nuts ,what gives? End product tooth pics? Dan
Phil:4, 13

doc henderson

Is there a link.  maybe the ultimate end value.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

beenthere

About anything can be said "on line".  ;D ;D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

Maybe it identifies as Ipe is the reason.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Texas Ranger

Probably an arborist value site for real property damages.  That type of site gives a value per square inch of stem by species, size, locations, condition, etc.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Rhodemont

That means the white Ash I dropped this morning and posted on the "what you cutting "thread a little while ago would be worth $4000 or more.  I want to meet the guy buying.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

Ron Scott

Yes, yard trees have high value when landscape and aesthetic replacement costs are applied. Arborist appraised tree values are much higher than those used by the forester and logger for the general timberland forest trees.
~Ron

BargeMonkey

🤦‍♂️ Landowner from CT calls me yesterday, bought a parcel here and wants me to stop by about a 1acre clearing. Thought he was going to find someone to clear an acre for him and take the wood as payment, "big hemlocks", I told him 10k and the phone got silent. 

Old Greenhorn

What's a 'big Hemlock' to him? 16"?  :D 
 Yeah, that's a heck of a deal right there. The guys gonna get an education. ;D

It's on my calendar to call that Conesville client tomorrow and set up an appointment. I'll let you know if they have any 'big hemlock'. :D Any idea what the snowpack is like up there now Eric?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

BargeMonkey

Gf says basically no snow in the valley, that's a North slope in the back, you know how that goes. Bears more than snakes this time of year, I would be a little careful. There's wood there. Ive cut next door and almost across from the driveway, Tommy cut across the road and directly in the back. She's headed to look at a house in Fultonville Saturday we may buy but I've still got wood down that way to cut, be 8-10 miles away this fall if they ever find me a relief. 

Old Greenhorn

Fultonville is more than 8-10 miles, ain't it? Due north of Howe Cave and I drove that last fall. Some hills there too. ;D Might be 15 miles by air, but 50 by road. :D
 You thinking of moving?
 25° here last night. I don't worry about the snakes unless I am cutting and then only a tiny bit. The bears I just want to see before they see me. That last place where I cut up by you kind of had me on my toes quite a bit and I never thought about armed neighbors sneaking up on me. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

maineshops

https://treeplantation.com/tree-value-calculator.html

Here is the link. I can't read very well so I may have missed something in the site. Dan
Phil:4, 13

Texas Ranger

Quote from: maineshops on March 31, 2023, 08:18:27 AM
https://treeplantation.com/tree-value-calculator.html

Here is the link. I can't read very well so I may have missed something in the site. Dan
Nope, nope nope.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

LeeB

Yea right. A 30 tall 14 DBH red cedar worth $1323? I don't think so.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!