iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wireless remote

Started by red oaks lumber, May 01, 2010, 12:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red oaks lumber

just put money down on a w.m. lt40 sh40, it was a demo model. i can take with wireless remote or have it removed.my question is will the remote allow me to saw and stack lumber at the same time? or is it only for moving around.
any feedback would be helpful
thankyou  steve
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Dave Shepard

I run a 2008 Super wireless. I saw by myself, and the remote allows me to do everything alone. I like to stay by the hitch end, and usually stand near the loader arm side so I can watch the debarker. As soon as I'm done making my cuts, I hit the autoclutch and leave the head at the far end so I can pull slabs and boards with the head out of the way. This is one of the reasons I'd like another contact strip at the far end so I can un-clamp and pull the last board, and also to put the next log on. With the wireless, you just have to plan so the head is near you when changing accuset settings, but that's not a big deal. I'm sawing outside right now, so being able to be upwind of the dust is a huge advantage. I sling the control around my neck, and just swing it to my lower back when I'm tailing. I'm am very happy with the system. Each type of remote has it's ups/downs. The stationary remote doesn't allow more than a 6' extension, and some have had to replace the cat tracks due to damage. The wireless solves those problems, but then you have your Accuset moving away from you, but that isn't really a huge deal, as the head is at the hitch end anyway when you want to do your setups. I've run the mill a couple of times without it, and it puts you in the dust. Also, a Super moves fast enough in both directions that you really do save energy not chasing it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

I'll look when I get in tonight to see if I have a photo of the mill setup so you can see how I'm moving material. Any other questions just let me know. To answer your question directly, yes, you can stack lumber with the wireless remote.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!