iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt70 value

Started by shortlogger, August 13, 2013, 09:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortlogger

I have found an LT70 with a 65hp Cat on it I think it has 4600 hours on it and has been kept mostly out of the weather I'm not sure on the year model .
My main concern is what is the average live of a motor like that being a diesel I know it would be expensive to replace . I imagine a mill with that amount of hours that is properly seviced probably still have plenty of hours of cutting still left in it . I looked on sawmill exchange to get an idea of what a mill of that class was selling for but they didn't have any listed . So does anyone have a ballpark idea of a good price ?
             Thanks
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

drobertson

If the maintenance has been kept up, you should be looking at least another 4600 or more, lots of lumber in this time frame,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bibbyman

I would get the serial number and call Wood-Mizer.   They can tell you the complete history of the mill and market value. The rest of us would be like the audience on The Price is Right.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

barbender

Quote from: Bibbyman on August 13, 2013, 10:05:06 PM
I would get the serial number and call Wood-Mizer.   They can tell you the complete history of the mill and market value. The rest of us would be like the audience on The Price is Right.
:D :D That's pretty good, Bibby.
Too many irons in the fire

MAI

Hey Bibbyman,  That's what we have suggested to all our prospects and clients for years.  They have also been extremely helpful when it comes to resolving a claim.  W-M knows!

Thank You Sponsors!