iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawlex 2009!

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2009, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Burlkraft and I have arrived at Sawlex! We've already run into some old friends and met some new ones.  We just got back to our Hotel from setting up the Forestry Forum meet and greet area, ate supper with DR Buck and Kitty, and now were beat. Started at 3 AM this morning from Harrison.  We'll be back to the show early tomorrow. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DR Buck

Same as Jeff said.   We're beat and we didn't leave home untill noon.   From the amount of stuff being setup this evening it looks like it's going to be a full two days to see it all.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

SamB

I'll be there early with 3 dozen fresh donuts and a ceiling tile to add to the display. After culling the first and second attempts on the ceiling tile I finally got one that's not too embarrassing to display.

fishpharmer

Glad to hear you fellas (and gals) made it.  I am heading that way in the morning.  Via Kentucky.  I figure about six hours drive from Lexington.  Don't think I will make the sawmill shootout (which I really wanted to see).  I look forward to meeting Jeff and the others.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Here we are! Show will start soon. Samb has been here with the donuts already!  Burlkraft just picked up a box and walked off with it. ;)

We hear there was a hell of a wind last night and the tenst and such were tore up pretty good.  Seems to be put back together this morning.   

Here are a few shots from yesterday. :)

Jeff

DanG

Jeez, I wish I was there.  I've been before, and I know what I'm missing out on.  I'm gonna hafta have a long talk with Ted Hugger about scheduling that thing when I got something else going. >:(

Keep those pictures coming!  There is already one of some guy in a green shirt and a pretty lady in a pink shirt, that is just begging for a caption contest. ;D 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bibbyman

Be nice to have some words of explanation too.

Some of these guys going to put their banner on the left side of the page?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

We'll try to post some more words but its really busy here at the ff booth.  Just wait Bib. We got a photo of Wood=Mizer under a blue and yellow tent. Its awesome to see everyone help each other out.  The wind last night destoyed some display equipment.  I'll try to get some more stuff on later.  I have not been outside yet!!

Jeff

Bibbyman

Ask the WM guys about this mill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPop-6PJ-OU

Do they have one there?
Sawing since '94

DanG

"I'm tellin' ya Kevvy, it was right here when I left last night!"

;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

well I finally made it.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SamB

Bibbyman I was there for the small mill shootout and
I did not see a LT 20 or LES 20 amongst the fine selection of Wood-Mizer mills at the show. Hope to make it back tomorrow to watch the big boys shoot out. So far the weather hasn't been very friendly to Sawlex, a little rain and lots of mud.

tonto

I'm sorry that I'm gonna miss this show. Really wanted to see the firewood processor competition. Hope to see and hear some results from all you lucky dogs that are there. We have tickets to Dover this weekend. Tried to talk the misses into a road trip but didn't win - to far. Have a great time, Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

JV

Parked my carcass in a chair at the FF booth, enjoyed cookies and conversation with several members.  Ventured out to the demos without my waders and had to do the cow pasture hop.  Mud, mud, and more mud.  Tomorrow promises to be a better day.  Still worth the trip torrential rain and all.  Lots to see tomorrow if my back holds out.   :D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Wallys World

Sure wish I could join ya! But it is my weekend to work! And I am only 5 1/2 hours away. Take it all in and keep the pictures coming.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

DR Buck

What happens at SAWLEX stays at SAWLEX.    ;D :o ;D :o ;D

Bibbyman

I wondered why I hadn't seen Cedarman on the Forum.  He's up there feedin' Jeff.
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Quote from: DR_Buck on May 29, 2009, 09:50:49 PM
What happens at SAWLEX stays at SAWLEX.    ;D :o ;D :o ;D

Sure hope so.   8) 8)
:)

Maybe that belongs in the weight thread.  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DR Buck

Here are a few shots aound SAWLEX today.   Note:  the  disclamer of this posting is that following the day at SAWLEX the evening was quickly afflicted by Blue Moon.   ;)

Part of the huge Baker display.

Ron W explaining the wonderfulness of the Forestry Forum to the unknowing.

Some of the visiting crowds at the FF Booth seeking the wisdom of the attending supporters.  ;D

These little metal cant hooks are cute.  Who makes them and are they any good?

Dan Shade and GMMILLS have just come up with the solution for world hunger, global warming and the proper tooth setting for the new 7° blades.

Wood-Mizer announces "what's new for 2009" and it turns out to be their bold move to Baker blue & gold tents.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Note:  Due to hight winds during the evening before SAWLEX opening many vendor tents became casualties of mother nature's rage.  It was a coincidence that Wood-Mizer's rental tent ended up being Baker blue  gold while everyone elses rental tents were white.  :D :D   

One of the highlights of day one was the sawmill shoot out.

Bibbyman

"I'm tellin' ya Kevvy, Sometimes I'd just like to take'm and knock their heads together!"

;D
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Those blue moons can play havoc on the local environment.  :)

We're' here at the show! Here we go!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Its been non stop busy until just now for us here at the Forum booth.

beenthere

Glad ya found someone ta talk to.... 8) 8) 8)

Nicer day today?
south central Wisconsin

JV

Bigger crowd today including several forum members.  Sun was shining, less mud, all around better day.  We got to see a bit of the sawmill shootout and watched the log splitter shootout.  Those guys were pitching some wood.  Everyone is headed home, some with a long way to go.  Good show but I goofed and missed Tammy's brownies.   :(
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

woodhick

Well I was there yesterday, but did not get to meet very many members.  When I first went by the booth it was very busy and I decided to wait and go back to meet Jeff and the others.   Well I went back two different times and they were in seminars or out.   Would have liked to meet you in person Jeff and thank you for all you do for this site in person.   Maybe next time.  Was a good show.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

neslrite

what a great time I had meeting members I haven't met before and visiting with those members I have met before! 

Bibby - your caption is right on.  I was telling about a crazy phone call I got.

DanG - yours was also right on except I was telling it to DRBuck when he came over to get his brand new arch.  Several times during the show he would come and check on it to make sure we didn't sell it to someone else.  Every thing was fine until he went to get his truck, while he was gone the arch just disappeared!

Hope to see you all again at the Pig Roast!

TamIAm
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Jeff

Pulled into Harrison around 2 AM This morning.  Tammy met Burlkraft and I in Maumee Ohio where we swapped pickup loads.  I was all set to start posting photos this morning but found out about three hours up the road from Maumee that my camera was still behind the seat in Steve's truck.  :-\

Woodhick, Sorry I missed you, next time just dive into da fray. I'm not sure how many members we had at the show, but I think we beat the Amish again. :D   

Saturday was a much nicer day. I didn't get a chance to see any of the shootouts myself as we were constantly busy in the Forestry Forum's area meeting people. We had many many people stop and seem very interested in why there was this crowd of people was always hanging out there talking and laughing.  We had a roll of 1000 tickets for people to sign up for our little giveaway drawing and used most of it.  Sawmill and Woodlot Magazine was signing people up as well, so we must have had well over 1000 entries total for the drawing. 

Ron Wenrich

I got home about 7:15 last night.  The weather sure was a lot nicer going back and I was able to enjoy the views of western MD. 

I think people were hanging around because of Kitty.  I don't think that anyone has mentioned her, but Kitty is DR_Buck's bride.  She was always there to help out with whatever was needed at the booth.  I know she had a good time, and it was a pleasure to meet her.

The next time we'll have to have a sign-up sheet so we can keep track of the members that drifted in or out.  I don't think I could give a list of all those that I have met.  Its sure nice to be able to put a face with a name.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

Yep, I don't know what we would have done without Kitty.  She is my Hero. :)   We also had a lot of help yesterday from Little Miss Fishpharmer. :)   She passed out tickets and was a general help around the booth for much of the day. She is fishpharmer's daughter. A very nice and helpful young lady. :)

I meant to have some sort of sign in "object' and somehow that escaped me. The first Sawlex we had a table that everyone signed in on. That is now in our living room as one of our end tables. The second Sawlex we had a thin redwood board from the giant redwood in Wisconsin.  I was looking for something to sign the first day and then dropped the ball somehow.

DR Buck really added a cool addition to our display with two flat screen monitors running slide shows of forum photos.

Captain

Just got home from the airport, my day started at 03:30 this morning with a drive to Pittsburg. 

As always, I've got some great memories from this trip...now planning for the Pig Roast..

Captain

katie-did

Part Timer is on his way home.  move_it When out to breakfast with the Peterson boys this morning before he took off so he will not me in till 2:30- 3:00.

He said that he had a blast.  8) Not sure how much of the show he got to see cause he spent most of his time at the Peterson Booth but I know he said that he saw a lot of FF members.

Wish I could have went but had to stay home with the kiddy's because they still had school and Zack had finals on Friday.  >:(

Planning on making it to the Pig Roast I would hate for Jeff to have to retaliate against me  :-[ for not showing up. If I can just get PT's work to keep that weekend free we will be there with bells on.  smiley_jester

Hope Steve will be getting some zzzz  zzzz_smiley then posting your pic's Jeff so we don't have to wait. PT did not get many pic's but some video of the machinery for the kids.
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

Dan_Shade

I had a great time at the show, it was a blast hanging out with the crew and BSing.

If the politicians would only do what GMMills and I told them, we'd be set!

I wish I had got to meet the other forum members that I missed (of course, I forgot my hat too :( )
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

katie-did  ;)   I knew that might draw ya out. Part Timer told me he called ya and you told him to put in for his vacation.  We missed ya last year and looking forward to seeing you in about 61 days. :)

Dan, Cedarman asked about hats which I did not have, but declined my offer to use my artistic license and red indelible marker on his forehead.  I told him he had ample room. :D  Anybody get a picture of the biker gang that invaded the forum booth Friday afternoon?

Burlkraft

I am finally out of bed   ::)  ::)  ::)

I got home around 4:30 am....I think  :D  :D  :D

I had an interesting trip back. My truck window decided not to go back up on the Indiana tollway, so I rode the rest of the way back home with it down. 44° was just what I need to stay awake anyway.
Forgot to get gas before I got to Chicago and had an interesting short fill up at 2:00 am on a side street on the south side of Chicago. It was a NASCAR type pit stop for enuff gas ta git to the north side suburbs  ;D  ;D  ;D It cost me $5.00 to git a couple of my windows washed while I was there, but well worth it!  :D  :D  :D

I'll post some pictures later seein' how I got my camera and Jeff's. I also came home with a pan of Logrite Brownies that Jeff also forgot  8)  8)  8)  8)

Jill seen them and said I ain't gonna git any of them  :'(  :'(  :'(

I had a GREAT time. I met a lot of members I have just talked to in the past. Despite the rain and mud it was a great show.

That Custom Sawyer is quite a character, but Cedarman and Jeff out did him at dinner on Friday  :D  :D  :D
That was one of the funniest things I ever seen at a meal with FF members!  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time happened between a man and a dog in a deserted Maumee parking lot on the way home from the show. :)

Burlkraft

You better be careful.......I got a couple of things I could also tell  :-X  :-X  :D  :D

Jeff

I think I have amnesia.

beenthere

Quote from: Jeff on May 31, 2009, 03:05:53 PM
I think I have amnesia.

Came on all of a sudden ?  8)
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Jeff

For the drawing for the woodburning at Sawlex, we only asked for a name and number. We said we would give a call to the winner and get an address.  Well, I just gave a call to the winner and was surprised to find that they were from Michigan! Actually, if I would have known, it would not have been that far out of the way to deliver the woodburning on the way home, although I'm not sure Gary would have been thrilled for me to call him at midnight to tell him he won. 

Gary seemed to be pleased that he won, saying that he never wins anything just like the rest of us. Now he can't say that any longer. :)  He's never heard of the Forum before, but I hope he looks us up now and joins in.  If you find this message Gary, it was a pleasure to talk to you this afternoon and thanks for stopping by and registering for the drawing. :)

Cedarman

Got home a little while ago.  It was a great couple of days.  Custom sawyer and his wife make a great pair.  He and I are going to have to get together for a BS shootout.  It was a very nice evening at dinner.  It was the orange slices in the beer that caused the commotions.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Mr Mom

I was there and met some members.
I had a good time and so did the family.
Met Jeff and fishpharmer.
Bought a logrite canthook from kevin's wife she helped decide on what to get( cant rember her name very sorry  :( :( :(very bad with names).
They were very friendly and helpful.
I got to try a brownie. The only thing that i can say is DAM they were very good.
Met some members for other fourms that i belong to.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Dan_Shade

well, I missed out on Mr. Mom and Part Timer!

next time, I may wear a suit with flashing christmas bulbs or something, so you guys can find me ;D

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

gunman63

so  who won the firewood processor shootout ???????????

TeaW

I was there Gunman , I can't say fer sure who won , but it was a good show. Morganstown is a real nice spot and everyone we met were great. Talked to a few FF members but every time I went by the FF both they were eating and I didn't want to come between those big fellas and lunch!
TeaW

Burlkraft

Ya shudda stopped in...We wudda shared  ;D  ;D  ;D

According to the staff at Sawmill and Woodlot there are no winners or losers. It's just a demonstration. The results will be tabulated and be published in the next issue.

I do know they made a big bunch of firewood. A kiln load of containers was dried Friday night. All the boards and firewood was sold and the money donated to a local charity.

It was an awesome show  8)  8)  8)

JV

It was definitely an awesome show.  I had a chance to talk with Ron W about ID'ing wood through end grain tissue samples using a microscope.  Also had the fortune to meet and have several conversations concerning the same with Larry Osborn, a Research Associate with the Appalachian Hardwood Center at West Virginia University.  He returned on day 2 with lots of reference material to go through.  Hopefully, he will become a member.  He would be a valuable asset.  I had a box with several wood samples that I hope to greatly expand in the future.  Thanks all for a great time.
John

Mr Mom

The first ones done were the Iron&Oak guys. They were moving really fast.
There were only 4 small splitters there if i rember right.
Dont know how came in next kids wanted to leave.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

fishpharmer

We just got home.  (took a little longer visiting family members in KY)  Little Miss Fishpharmer is ready to join the forum.  She and I had a great time.  All the members I met were just great folks.
I will try to post some pics tomorrow.  Thanks everyone for the nice time.  And Tammy if I knew the brownies were that good I woulda left one and took the pan :D

SamB

Here's some pics from saturday's shoot-out

SamB

Pics from saturday's firewood processor shoot-out

Captain

In the splitter competition there were a total of 6 over the 2 days.  I operated splitters in the competition twice for Iron and Oak.  Long story short, their operators were not available, and Walter from S&W Magazine asked me to stand in.  Assiting was a Senior from WVU in the Forestry Program.

Did you see my Forestry Forum hat on the ground next to the fence?  I knew JV was there...but did not see (or recognise) anybody else.

Captain

fishpharmer

My first sight of the Forestry Forum booth when we arrived Friday afternoon. I was soon to meet  Jeff, Customsawyer and Mrs. Customsawyer.   

Not sure who that was behind Mrs. Customsawyer.

WoodMiller

Julie and I were only able to go to Sawlex on Friday, but we did meet Jeff and Ron at the very busy FF booth.  Was great to talk to both of you (and several others) while there.  Will try to post some photos....
WoodMizer LT40 Superhydraulic LT40HDD51

WoodMiller

Okay - will try to post pictures one more time.....

The, as always, very efficient LT15 team in operation.

Today's wood was poplar - sawdust everywhere.

The Lumbermate 2000 had issues with sawdust accumulation in the discharge.

Had to be tough for Logosol to be facing the LT28 during the shootout, but he stuck with it.

After each mill finished they had the chance to talk about their mills....

The Baker was set up with an edger and log deck and finished about 45 seconds ahead of the WoodMizer LT28 which had manual log handling and edged on the mill.

The Mobile Dimension mill makes a horizontal and vertical cut at the same time.

Timbermule

The Peterson cut an old split walnut crotch.  He had to take light cuts each time because it wasn't clamped.  Pretty slab when he was done.

The BEAST ate all the slabwood up.  Actually it woulde take 3 and 4 logs at a time....
WoodMizer LT40 Superhydraulic LT40HDD51

Stephen1

I got home last nite, I had a great week-end at the show, and camping in the hills. I got to meet a few FF members, not as many as I wanted to. I also think I met a few members that I didn't know were members, just chatting at the different displays. I met fishpharmer and little miss fishpharmer and we had a nice talk watching the shootout on Sat. morn before we both realized we members on FF.
 The booth was busy, and I was outside slopping in the mud, so did not spend a lot of time inside.
 I made it across  the border with my mushroom log, new log rite peavey, the planner I picked up off of Albert, a couple of extra cases of Guinness. If I could have seen the future I would have filled the back of the  truck. ;D    
I am definitely gonna try for the pig roast, should be more time to socialize there ;)
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

JV

"Would a woodchuck chuck wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"  I'm here to tell you Captain and partner chucked some wood.  They were at least 10 minutes ahead of the competition.  I'm still sore from just watching them.  If the olympics had splitting competition, they would be right in there.   :D
John

beenthere

Tell us more about chucking wood.
I was thinking that the wood processors would make wood splitting easy.
Something about your description of what Captain and partner did leads me to think it was "work" !!

:) :)
south central Wisconsin

Bibbyman

No having attended a Sawlex before, it's hard for me to judge.  But from the photos, it looks like the show was lightly attended.  Looks like not many vendors or attendees. 

Was the show up or down in attendance from last time?

What was the general mood of the vendors?  Optimistic?, Cautiously optimistic?, Or pessimistic?

How about the attendees? Was there a lot of interest shown?
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Its hard to tell how many people were there looking at the outside shots. The area was expansive. Everyone had lots of room. It was quite a walk from the Forestry Forum area inside clear out to the shootout area on the far side of the sawlex grounds.  Inside, we had steady people for much of friday morning but it died out Friday afternoon about 1:30. Saturday was busy from before 8 until about an hour before the end of the show.  I had very little time to go out and do much one on one conversation the show days. I got to visit with some of the sponsors a few minutes here and there Thursday afternoon.  I'll leave it to some one else to give opinions on vendor moods because I just dont know.  We were not technically a vendor by my definition, but our mood was great. ;D

customsawyer

We got in about noon on Sunday and took a cat nap till this morning. Went to sawmill and cut some more wood and just made it back in. Had a great time talking with them that we got to meet.
Cedar man I agree with you in that we will have to sit down one day a swap some more BS.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

JV

The log splitter competition involved two man teams.  There was a piece of OSB standing vertically with two rectangular holes to simulate stove door openings.  I don't have the dimensions, but they appeared to be small and smaller.  The off-bearer had to shove the pieces through one of these holes.  If it didn't fit, he had to hand it back to the splitter operator.  The six way splitter heads proved to be a hinderance in the competition.  Captain and partner were definitely in a competitive mood and I know this old man had no business out with them.  It was a good way to show the potentials of the machines but not necessarily standard operating procedure for the less competitive spirits.

As to the vendors, the ones were talked to seem to be upbeat.  I saw several blue handled tools leaving.  My wife commented that she saw two or three LT-15's with SOLD tags on them.  WM had their new single blade edger there also.  There seemed to be a lot of interest in the wood processors but I don't know what kind of sales they were doing.  Most I talked to thought the crowd was smaller but I think the casual lookers were fewer and the more serious buyers were in attendance.  We pretty much decided on an item we probably will spring for this fall after we put up our new shop this summer.  The vendors were more than willing to let you touch and feel equipment up close. 
John

SamB

A couple more pictures from Saturday's shoot-out have to say the swingers impressed me, I believe the Lucas team would have finished before the big bands using edgers if they hadn't dropped a log off the bunks

Here's one of the site

Bibbyman

Anyone got a picture/more info on the WM single blade edger?
Sawing since '94

Dan_Shade

it was pretty much a table saw with a 7hp engine.

pretty finnicky to use too.   I think it needs a feed of some sort, like a crank handle or something.

TeaW

I was mostly intrested in the firewood processor's. The manufacturers I talked to were all optimistic, all but one of Blockbusters machines there ,was sold and being delivered after the show. The big Multitech was going to Phoenix Arizona. Woodbine had thier new machine with a slasher saw,they had  a few minor problems with it ,but it was the first they had produced and they wanted it at the show.
The firewood shoot out was great, were else could you see all those machines in one place.As far as the competition it looked to me that the price of the machine was directly related to thier production and thats the way it should be.
The attendance was hard to tell , the people I talked with all came from a distance and were glad they made the trip.
Direct.kilns display with the firewood kiln fired with wood was interesting especially automated feed system.
TeaW

Gary_C

Quote from: TeaW on June 02, 2009, 08:27:27 AM
The big Multitech was going to Phoenix Arizona.

Say goodby to all the trees in Phoenix and maybe in all of Arizona.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

apollard

If only we had been there... I doubt our 5.5 hp could have torn up the bigger guys, but we could have turned some heads.

Ah, next year.

;D

www.lumbersmith.com

fishpharmer

Where is 2010 Sawlex?  I wanna make plans.

ADAMINMO

I think it is only every 2 years so it would be in 2011.

fishpharmer

Adaminmo, my wife was glad to hear that.

Gives me a while to plan :D

DanG

Sounds like you need to do more plottin' than plannin'.  I'd wait a week or two before tellin' her that Moultrie is coming up in October. ::) :D

Now I got a plot for ya to plan.  Tell her that if'n you don't show up at Moultrie, we're all comin' to your house for the weekend. ;D :D

Jeff

You can all come to mine for the weekend. First one in August.

Paul_H

What is Burlcraft doing with your camera,anyways?  ::)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

He ups''d it to me. I have it now. I got a few photos I'm going to put on later but I am required to be at the Clare county court house this morning for Jury Duty.

Bibbyman

Anyone get a picture of the WM single blade edger that someone mentioned?
Sawing since '94

Dan_Shade

think LT10 of edgers, Bibby

they have a flier for it.

MartyParsons

I cant help you on the edger, it worked pretty well. I think they had some mods to make to it. There were other new products on display ( Sorry no Pictures). Dual tooth setter hand crank, Hydraulic turner kit for a LT40 non hydraulic with the Bibbyman HSS kit, New resaw attachment. This will do wider boards and resaw slabs it is wide belt driven. Electric Winch to operate the turner and to load logs on the LT28 and LT40 models.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Mooseherder

Y'all went to Sawlex and all I got was two shirts and a Hat. :) ;D
I was really disappointed about not being able to attend again but was surprised when these showed up today.   My wife ordered them when my new SW Magazine came in as a surprise.  Today is our 28th Wedding anniversary and as luck would have it, they showed up in time.  I needed a new hat real bad so it was good timing.   Wish I could have been there but at least I have some clothes. 8)

WH_Conley

At least you are not  nekked. :D
Bill

TeaW

This is the firewood splitter competition on the first day. The OSB frames that had two holes - 6 by 6 inches and 4 by 9 inches were set up and every stick had to pass through it or go back and be re split. There has to be rules and it was the same for everyone but that wood had to really be split fine.

This is the firewood processor competition on the second day,some of the elevators could reach the trailers.
Some of the people I talked to thought it was a double standard that the splitters were held to such a high standard and all the the processor's had to do was cut wood to length and split any way they wanted. Some only had a 4 way split on a 16" block.Hard to have rules for everything ,probably the market place is the best judge.
TeaW

Jeff

One of the nearly 1000 entries to try and win the wood burning

The Scene when Kevin Bantles hollers , Hey, Charge that guy double!

Steven1 left holding the bag

This feller was spotted in the sawmill and woodlot booth.

Kevin Bantles practicing for a visit to the sawmill and woodlot booth

This is the look you get when you give the gal from sawmill and woodlot a partial plate of cookies, then pull out a whole new tray while she is still looking. :)

This guy look familiar? It's the full timer Part timer.

Fla._Deadheader

Looks ta ME like, That's a pretty BIG ole boy, for kevin to pick on.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Maybe Kevin was practicin for   :-* :-* :-* :-*  ::) ::)  ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

He was talking about that feller there to the left. Thats Cedarman. :)

HSV

Some great photos there guys, thanks heaps for sharing them for those of us who couldn't make it.

Seeing that picture of Part-Timer near broke my heart, Tom and Kate, I miss you!!!

Thank You Sponsors!