iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midwest Forest Industry Show

Started by sawman, March 05, 2009, 07:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronnie tucker

after you cross the new bridge then where do i go ronnie tucker paris tn

caver

Second traffic light off the bridge turn right on Sprigg Street. Follow for maybe 1.5 miles. When you cross Broadway you are just a mile or less away.
It's a stones throw from some of the SEMO university campus buildings.
Baker HD18

Bibbyman

Quote from: ronnie tucker on June 25, 2009, 05:24:49 PM
after you cross the new bridge then where do i go ronnie tucker paris tn

Here is a link to a map of the downtown streets.  It don't show the river or bridge but once you get on the west side of the Mississippi,  you should be able to find it.

http://www.moforest.org/mfis/documents/Hotel%20Information.pdf

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ronnie tucker

sounds easy thank you ronnie tucker

sawman

I plan on being their Saturday as well. Just a 25 mile drive from home.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

LeeB

OK now. I've cleared my schedule and plan on driving up tommorow. What time do the gates open?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

caver

Baker HD18

Bibbyman

Cedarman, Sawman and ProSawyer Mary suck up the shade under the Baker tent that was on the top of the hill and got what little breze there was.  Baker was nice about having the WM owner's unite there and even gave us some cold water!

Wood-Mizer had 5 mills there plus their 2 blade edger and new single blade edger.  They was nice and handed out water too.  It almost took a bottle of water per visit.

Blockbuster had a couple of processors and other equipment there.

TimberWolf was there with some of their woodsplitters.

Cedarman makes the Rotochopper people work in the heat to demo their bagger.
Sawing since '94

sawman

It was nice to get to meet some more of the FF family.
I first met Mary at the Woodmizer tent, and then ran across Bibbyman at the Baker tent, and while there along came Cedarman and Semologger.
It was HOT .
I did enjoy the short visit with all y'all.
Thanks goes out to Bibbyman for having his camera, and getting pics up quickly.
Everyone try to stay cool.  8)  8)  8)  8)
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

semologger

Dang i forgot to get some photos. I did have my camera in my pocket also. Mi mind starts to slip in the heat. I was ready to get back inside.

Carver I did eat at Broussards Ive been there before. Same good food. The platter for 2 was what i had. Fish clams oyesters frog legs fries salad and jambalya. I told the wife i was eatin there she wasnt happy. If your ever in bald knob Ar There is a place called Who Dats that i think is a little better. But thats me. I never gave found food i havent liked yet. I gusess thats why i had to stop posting in the weight lose tread here.  :D.

All in all had a good time at the show. Hopefully next years will pick up.

Good visiting with yall. And yes  i did get to go swimming today.

caver

Nice a cool in the arena but it was hot outside.

EZ Boardwalk has a smaller mill offered now. It might be called "junior"?
I talked with the Zimmermans the most as I was going to buy an EZ Boardwalk until the auction for the Baker came along. They actually called me before the show letting me know they would be there.

I didn't like getting fleeced for $5 just to park.  >:(
Baker HD18

Bibbyman

Did anyone mention it was hot!  The heat index got well above 100 early in the day. We got there mid-morning on Friday and left about noon.  We returned Saturday morning early and left about 10:30.  The AC in our Durango is only marginal at best.  It was a sweaty ride home!

There was a lot to see for most any Forestry Forum member.   Absent were some of the vendors of the big mills.  Some had a video display inside.  AWMV had a tent with videos of their LT300 and new 4250 SCH mill.  None of the distributers of mill supplies like banding, markers, safety equipment, etc. were there.  We usually do our shopping for these small items at these events.   We did buy a box of new Wood-Mizer 7° blades at a show discount plus free shipping.  We also bought one of the new RaZarTp blades to try out.

That about paid for the $5/day parking fee. (I told Mary on leaving; we should stop at the corner and give our parking ticket to someone coming in.  Then I thought we should have planned better and had someone go in first and pay the parking fee, then walk it out to the corner and give it to the next car/truck coming down the side street and so on until everyone got parked for $5. )

It was a good outing and fun to visit with old friends and to make new ones. Mary could have been voted queen of the ball.  She said she could hardly visit with the vendors for people come up to her and asking if she was Pro-Sawyer Mary (one guy even asked if she was the ol'fart magnet). 
Sawing since '94

ronnie tucker

i went to see the baker products i was impressed with their mill and the people i was a little let down with the rest of the show i guess slow economy took a toll it only alittle over two hour trip from paris still glad i attended ronnie tucker tn logger

semologger

Ronnie was you walking around with a skidder  and your name on your shirt?

ronnie tucker

iwas wearing a straw hat and overalls i was there on friday from noon to closing ronnie tucker tn logger

Thank You Sponsors!