iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Toys

Started by K-Guy, April 15, 2020, 12:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Guy

I just got a new meat injector as my old cheap one died last time. Plus I ordered these tongs with built in rests, they all seem very well made and the wife already wants to order more of the tongs. If you get something interesting or good for cooking feel free to show it here.

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Raider Bill

That looks like the same syringe they gave shots with in boot camp.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

RichTired

I agree with Raider Bill, looks too much like doctor tools than something for the kitchen and a chef...
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Chuck White

I think it would feel like the same NEEDLE :o too!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

K-Guy

I tried out my injector on Sunday and in memory of @Raider Bill 's boot camp experience, I figured the best to use it on was a Pork Butt!!  ;D :D
It was a mix of apple, orange and lemon juices with spices added. Very tender and juicy.

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

sawguy21

Oh yeah! I love pork.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

You can't go wrong putting citrus in pork!

samandothers

OH MAN!  THat looks good!   Great injector and good lookin Butt K-Guy........  That does not sound right. :-[

Raider Bill

Quote from: samandothers on April 28, 2020, 09:29:15 PM
OH MAN!  THat looks good!   Great injector and good lookin Butt K-Guy........  That does not sound right. :-[
So you are saying K-Guy has a good looking butt? :D :o

K-Guy

I don't think my wife would like you agreeing with her!!  :D fudd-smiley
Nyle Service Dept.
- D. Adams

kantuckid

FWIW, when I worked in meat packing, the sugar cured hams were submerged in a water solution of cures- sodium nitrate/nitrite & intense brown sugar. They were left in cold storage some days then pumped with more cure plus brown sugar per weight on a controlled scale device into the main arteries then bagged & hung for smoke house cooking and smoke cycles.
Best hams I've ever had were Ohse Meat Products hams, now Reisers.
When I've injected meats I smoke at home it seemed to remain in "pockets" within the meat not suffuse (or whatever term makes sense?) into the muscle such as happened when using the arteries as was done commercially? I no longer inject, I do my home "copy cat recipe" of Lil Jakes Rub, rub all over, wrap in plastic a day or two, then cook on charcoal. Cook your meat ahead then re-freeze for far better storage life!
Not the dinasour meat life span but much longer than fresh frozen pork. :D 
Right now there's no pork to buy...
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!