Sponsors:

toys

Started by coxy, January 19, 2015, 07:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I wonder why the saw mill people don't have toy mills or do they

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

Quote from: Jeff on January 19, 2015, 07:16:58 PM
Define toy....
Pick me Pick me!  I want a LT70 super hydraulic!    :)

Dave Shepard

I have a scale model of a Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic. comes with a log and a board, too. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have a DEFLATED FOOTBALL. Wanna play?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ianab

No toy sawmill, but I do have a toy log truck

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

GAB

I have a toy sawmill I got at the pig roast last year.  I have not opened the box yet because it says "AGES 14 UP WARNING: Choking Hazard - Small parts.
I did notice that it has a manual blade engage and since I have never used a mill with a manual blade engage I figgered there would be a learning curve involved.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

jueston

Quote from: Ianab on January 20, 2015, 01:20:50 AM

is that lego man using his chain saw on the wood while its in the air? i'm concerned about his safety...

Remle

Quote from: coxy on January 19, 2015, 07:01:38 PM
I wonder why the saw mill people don't have toy mills or do they
According to my better half all of my things are toys while her stuff of course fall under the domain of being a necessity, go figure.. :D :D

Ianab

Quote from: jueston on January 20, 2015, 12:48:37 PM

is that lego man using his chain saw on the wood while its in the air? i'm concerned about his safety...

Those Lego guys are an OSH nightmare. When I first put the kit together his chainsaw only had one handle   :D

I fixed that, but he's still running using unapproved techniques.  >:(
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

dgdrls

curdog

I like that barn to keep a sawmill in. 8)

Ianab

I couldn't leave this in the shop...  :D

Have a decent operation going soon. 

The last kit came with a shovel, you know, so you can replant some trees  :D

GRANITEstateMP

Ianab,

Is your truck registered and tagged for the correct weight?  Also, do the skidders mufflers have spark arrestors? I may need to drop a dime on your opperation! 

I got my boy the skidder set.  I put it together for him, you know like a good dad ;D

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Southside

I do see that the shovel is not properly stored and is clearly a trip / fall hazard the way it is positioned.  Will have to shut down the operation until the matter can be resolved and a safety update training is done with and signed off by all those on the job.  :D 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

AZ_builder

PThat trunk is hollow! Spotted owls live in there!! Fish and wild life services will be talking to you!

Ianab

You think this is a dodgy operation, you should see the guys over in the Harry Potter division. They have a car up in a tree there, with 2 guys sitting in it.  :D

And an Owl....

I can see a crossover diorama being set up on the next rainy day.  8)

Woodpecker52

Have 30s,40,50s era tin plate and diecast lionel trains and layouts that I have collected over the years, Learned a lot about electricity and how to fix things, great fun and teaching tool for the grandkids,  a lot different than video games. I do not have a sawmill yet on the layout, that is not to say you have given me an idea!  I will do it when I can STOP PLAYING WITH MY REAL SAWMILL!!! :D
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

Thank You Sponsors!