iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First attempt at using Punch software.

Started by Tremel, January 28, 2006, 12:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremel

Thanks to several folks on this forum, I've started to build my home.  Vertually, that is.  Using the latested Punch software I started to lay out what I think may become my home someday.  It's going to be a 42' x 28'  1 1/2 story cape style with two dormers and one large dormer in the center.  There will also be two 14' x 10' wings off of each end.

Here's a shot at the frame.  It's not complete, but it's an idea.

So far, I built my frame separately from my house.  I then placed the frame in the house to make sure all the doors, windows, etc. will clear the bents and supports.  My wife will also get an idea as to how she wants the kitchen.  :-)
Bill Tremel
Claysville, PA
Collector of Antique engines, Trucks, tractors and hobby farmer.

Camp Run Farm

Hi:

I found your post interesting in a couple of ways, first that you are using a design program to plan your house and second the hit and miss engine on your page.  I am planning to build a timber frame addition and have been looking for some software to help design it.  I would appreciate any information you can share about the program you are using.

Secondly, the hit and miss engine.  I have been looking for a hit and miss engine to turn an ice cream machine.  That will be necessary to have if I am going to be working on my addition in the summer.

Ed

Dayton, PA

srjones

Hey Tremel...very cool.   8)  The last time I used Punch (2000) it couldn't do that.  Perhaps it's worth looking again.
Everyone has hobbies...I hope to live in mine someday.

Thank You Sponsors!