iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hazard tree falling

Started by steveforest, March 08, 2010, 12:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveforest

I am clearing a fence row and I have an oak with two trunks that are bracketing the neighbors pump house. The two trunks seperate about 8' off the groung. Even at the ground they are not connected very well. could be two trunks grown together. If I aim this thing against the lean I am concerned the tree(s) could come apart. I need some professional help. I am in North Douglas county Oregon.
Don't mess with success

Ianab

Top marks for recognising the problem before you started cutting.

Without pictures it's imposible to give any advice, but it sounds like a job for a bucket truck to take the tree down in pieces from the top, or some seriously heavy machinery to winch the tree over away from the shed? Expensive either way, but still cheaper than a new pump shed.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

RSteiner

Like Ian said without pictures it is impossible to tell. 

However, if you think they are not connected together very well then treat the pair like they are not.  Is it possible to fall each one individually? 

Randy

Randy

steveforest

I considered all of these things, If I have to bring in equipment I would have to hit up the neighbor. I also considered falling them seperately which would be easy to miss the pump house. I can't (won't) cut them eight feet off the ground. Which leaves either ripping 6' (possible) or hoping they seperate, which they probably won't, or wedging them apart or pulling. none of these sounds too appealing. Although once the smaller trunk is down the hazard is pretty well gone. I will send a photo as soon as I can. It is there somewhere under"hazard tree".
Don't mess with success

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!