iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pigroast

Started by Jeff, March 09, 2021, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We are having it. Wanna Come? :)

This is not the official RSVP topic, we will start one of those with a count the first part of June.  This topic is to let you know, yea, we are having it, I DON'T CARE WHO SAYS WHAT!.  It's our home. We will make food and welcome anyone that wishes to show up!!

Area Motels

Area Camping

I strongly recommend getting opinions on hotels or motels in the area from us or other members that have come to the pigroast. There are a handful that turn up on those google maps that we will strongly advise against. There are plenty of very good places to stay.

WHO ARE OUR PROSPECTS? :D :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

A little early to tell, but I did run the directions. Its about a 12 hour drive for me. The most direct route has me cutting across Ontario and I am wondering what the borders are like just now. I don't have (and because of COVID) can't get one of those fancy licenses that would let me through and my passport is long out of date. I am assuming a border crossing is out for me, but maybe someone here knows better? Anyway, I am thinking hard on it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Tacotodd

I want to come to it, and I'm bringing the wife, but she needs a hard date so that she can submit it for her to be able to take off.

I don't remember what the date(s) were because I've never been able to come. Please give me the date(s) again.
Trying harder everyday.

btulloh

Quote from: Tacotodd on March 09, 2021, 01:44:43 PM
I want to come to it, and I'm bringing the wife, but she needs a hard date so that she can submit it for her to be able to take off.

I don't remember what the date(s) were because I've never been able to come. Please give me the date(s) again.
. . . . Scroll up to the first post and look for the boldface type

Hope y'all can make it this year. 
HM126

Tacotodd

Yes, I got that. But the date is the thing. I'm assuming 8-1-2021ish. It's to vague for the wife and our 14hr drive, both ways. Because of my medical condition she'll have to drive lots of it.
Trying harder everyday.

Roxie

The date says August 7, 2021. That would be the seventh of August.

My sons have informed me that stating the obvious is my superpower. Sometimes that comes in handy. 
Say when

Patrick NC

We are going to try. Long trip (12.5 hours) but no doubt worth it. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Raider Bill

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on March 09, 2021, 01:12:02 PM
A little early to tell, but I did run the directions. Its about a 12 hour drive for me. The most direct route has me cutting across Ontario and I am wondering what the borders are like just now. I don't have (and because of COVID) can't get one of those fancy licenses that would let me through and my passport is long out of date. I am assuming a border crossing is out for me, but maybe someone here knows better? Anyway, I am thinking hard on it.
Going in and out of Canada ain't gonna happen especially without a passport.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

GAB

According to the first post you have approx. 150 days to resolve your issues.
You might be able to get into Oh Canada ok eh, but getting back into the USA without an 
enhanced drivers license or a passport could be a nightmare.
Approx. 150 days and counting tick tock tick tock ..........
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Southside

If I have to throw a saddle on a cow I will be there. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

I made the mistake to go through Canada to go to Boonsville. It's shorter they say. Distance wise maybe. I'd rather be driving than parked in a line for hours.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

firefighter ontheside

About a 10 hour drive for me.  It's a strong maybe if the wife approves it.  I may bring the camper to avoid hotels.  Is there some good trout fishing around there?  I need a fishing trip.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Southside

And before anyone accuses me of exaggerating.

It's just how we roll around here.   :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Tacotodd

You know, I just saw that and I got spastic. I'll try a little harder next time. 🤓 just how's I feel. Oops! I guess it's what I get for being all exited. Y'all can make fun of me in person, if my says that WE can go.
Trying harder everyday.

firefighter ontheside

I didn't think about my son's birthday being the 9th.  I will try to come up several days before the roast and spend a few days fishing and then be at the roast on 7th and then drive home on 8th.  Probably meet family in Branson MO as that's our traditional spot to spend the last week of summer vac before kids go back to school.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

we are planning on it.  want to visit the memorial and the UP again.  a little over 15 hours for us, and of course things can come up. but are planning on it.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ljohnsaw

Only a 40 hour drive for me! ::)  With fuel prices the way they are going, probably cheaper to fly!  Alas, not in the cards for me but sure would be fun to put real names to the handles and see some faces...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

olcowhand

Quote from: Roxie on March 09, 2021, 02:38:14 PM
The date says August 7, 2021. That would be the seventh of August.

My sons have informed me that stating the obvious is my superpower. Sometimes that comes in handy.
And Roxie, may I add that you're setting a fine example of only using you're Superpower for Good ("Encouragement" and "Acknowledgement" are mine.)....
Steve
P.s. We'll plan on making that 40 minute drive this year, also!
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Resonator

Yes! I will mark the date on my calendar!  smiley_thumbsup
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

trapper

Motel reservations made.  Rooms fill up fast around there that time of year.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

SunnyHillFarm

In my experience, going across Canada takes longer time wise. You spend too much time in line at the borders!!

jb616

Tam-i-am

Since 911 it is not worth it to try and cut through Canada.  The time you would have saved is taken up in the long lines at border.
And I can't imagine what it will be like now with Covid.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Andries

The Canada-US border is closed to all non-essential ground travel, and has been for eight or so months.
However, by August, that might be changed. Hopefully.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

Clearly this is considered essential travel.   ;D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!