iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What Species Is This?

Started by martyinmi, July 05, 2012, 08:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyinmi

Can one of you folks tell me what kind of tree this is. My dad thinks it's a Basswood. It is very messy anytime there is any wind, as it has small green pea sized seeds(?) that fall off pretty much all summer.
   Edit: Sorry there's no picture anymore. I cleared out the double postings in my gallery and that apparently clears out pictures in postings as well. I just learned how to post pictures a week or two ago, and I'm obviously not very good at it yet.
   Thanks for the replies. Looks like my dad was right....again! 
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

ArborJake

thick and thin lumber company. qaulity manufacturer of saw dust and slab wood.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ron Scott

~Ron

ArborJake

I was really close though.

SwampDonkey

I have basswood in the yard and they don't seem to drop seed until the winter. They should be in flower about now.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Lindens are Basswoods.  Arbor, you did good!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

First time I heard it called that was a fellow that had a piece donated by a woodlot owner near St John. "Lime? Basswood", I said. Darn British Empire Loyalists down there. ;D

ArborJake

But little leaf linden is different than american linden  " basswood " no ?  I know they're both Tilia.

WDH

Little leaf linden is not native.  It is a transplant from Europe.  Used as a shade tree.

SwampDonkey

Yes every town around here plants it, but it doesn't do well in our winter. If you also look around towns there is always a big old natural American basswood on one street or another. I know one that must be about 4 feet through on the but and big huge crown.

Thank You Sponsors!