iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hard hats

Started by thedeeredude, December 28, 2007, 04:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

I got laughed at for wearing my hard hat working around a big tree that fell a couple weeks back.   ::)  Yeah I'm stooooopid I guess.  Dummy me wearing a hard hat.  Heard all the excuses too.  Its not gonna save ya anyway or Ive had stuff fall on me before or if a branch that big...... 

Furby

Be a dummy and WEAR IT! ;)

Dave Shepard

Why do people think that the only thing that is going to fall on your head is going to weigh at least 1357 tons? Hammers, staging planks, branches and rabid squirrels can fall on you too. The more humans above you, the more likely you're gonna get beaned. I have had a ton of people tell me a hard hat isn't going to save you from a tree landing on you. Apparently, they've not felled too many trees. There's always something flying around.  >:( >:( >:(

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thedeeredude

I remember the stories from my logging safety class and I have all the accident report papers from the class too.  Im wearing a hard hat.  Its the fribre metal American spirit too so it looks awesome. 8)

Kevin

You lead by example.
It's amazing how many people I've seen buy and start wearing protective equipment after working with me for a day.

Faron

Quote from: Kevin on December 29, 2007, 12:35:50 PM
You lead by example.
It's amazing how many people I've seen buy and start wearing protective equipment after working with me for a day.

Kevin, maybe that's self defense instead of following a good example? ;) :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Kevin

:D

Either way it's a good thing. ;)

rebocardo

I posted on the FF before how a customer just go the "why do you need a hard hat" from his mouth when a rotted branch fell and beaned me.

> rabid squirrels can fall on you too

You know, I was cutting trees in someone's back yard last week when a squirrel fell out of a tree and almost beaned me. I thought I stepped on a branch and broke it and realized the thing running away narrowly missed bonking me in the head. That would have been fun trying to get that thing off me.  :D

sawguy21

I get customers saying, I don't need that, I'm only cutting a few trees. I remind them it only takes a nanosecond to get a shot on the coconut. I feel nekkid without a brain bucket on in the bush.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!