iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2011 Pig Roast Thread (now the RSVP Thread Please let us know if you might come)

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2011, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I thought the air mattress in the car under Jeff's oaks was a nice spot to. I never had an ache nor pain. ;D

The stump jumpers with their travel trailer made fine neighbors to.

The final morning I saw Fish and Raider_Bill both scrambling to get their gear packed up when that thunderstorm rolled in. Old Dang was more interested in the coffee pot. Course he had a dry van for accommodations. :D ;)

For showers, I thought $5 down the road at the campground (can't remember the name) was a good deal. Can wash clothes there to I think. Jeff can probably remember the name of the place, I told him I went down there.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Bought plane tix this morning. Now to find a hotel. I'd hate to think what it would cost to fly with camping gear per bag.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

I think pigman is staying at the little acorn motel about a mile or so from the house. The bigger nicer hotels are in Clare.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

The Acorn is full, after we booked.  ;D There could be a later cancellation.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Raider Bill

Raider Bill

Jeff

Warbird

SwampDonkey

I can make Vancouver in 5 very long days from here, how long from Alaska to the Piggy Roast? :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR_Buck

Quote from: Warbird on July 15, 2011, 03:07:36 PM
We can't make it this year but if we were driving, it'd take us a while to get there...

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=3210+Bischoff+Harrison+Mi+49625&hl=en&saddr=3875+Geist+Rd%2C+99709

:D

Piece of cake pie.  Its a straight line and looks to be all downhill.  :D :D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Warbird

Google's estimate must be straight driving time!  They claim I can make 3,587 miles in 3 days flat.  However, when I was much younger and drove up from Colorado, it took 3.5 days, driving ~16 hours per day, with an average speed of ~85 mph.

SwampDonkey

Is the Alaskan highway that good that you could drive those speeds? I thought much of it was dirt.

Warbird

The majority is paved now but even so, 85+ mph is much too fast to be driving.  As stated, it was a long time ago and I was very immature.

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Warbird on July 16, 2011, 08:31:14 PM
The majority is paved now but even so, 85+ mph is much too fast to be driving.  As stated, it was a long time ago and I was very immature.

I think that quote resembles alot of us here on the forum james  :) :) ;) :D :D ;D
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Raider Bill

I can't drive, :) 55..........

I am working on my maturity level although it's not looking good. :D

Warbird

LOL LOL  *sigh*  I'm really going to miss being at this year's pig roast.  Can't wait to meet you guys someday.

red oaks lumber

why do we have to act are age? thats what i thought no one can answer that so i'm not going to 8)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Raider Bill

Dan_Shade

we act our age because we don't have the energy to act like we're younger :-)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Texas Ranger

I always act my age, sometimes it is 7, and some times it is 70.  Just gotta pick and choose your time.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

customsawyer

The wife and I are hoping to make it some where in the 50/50 chance.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

We got our confirmation for our stay at the Hidden Hill RV park.  We plan to arrive Thursday the 4th, and will stay 7 days.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Meadows Miller

Gday

Im Getting on the plane in about 11hrs  :) :) 24 hrs flight time and im staying up as its 12:30am here so my plan is to sleep abit on the first leg of the flight and hopefully I will get there without any jet lag  ;)

Im looking forward to Meeting Everyone I Can  :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) I hope to see you there Jake if not Ill be calling in to harass you at the mill   prob both ;) :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

My digs will be coming with me you dont have a spare 7x3' patch off lawn there Jeff  ??? ;) ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Jeff

You can pitch your tent anywhere you like Chris. We even have a screen house set up you could sleep in if you like.  :)

I picked up the Pig Roast Icecream this past weekend and had another sampling at the store I picked it up at in the U.P.  Different Flavor this year. :)

MICHIGAN BLACK BEAR—Rich red raspberry sauce and chocolate black raspberry cups swirled in homemade vanilla ice cream.

Thank You Sponsors!