iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ 205 Parts??

Started by Northwoods85, April 10, 2015, 11:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northwoods85

Hello All,
I am fairly new to this site, but it looks like you guys know all about old skidders! I am just a land owner with an old frankenstein TJ for doing my firewood. I live in Ontario, 2 hrs north of Toronto.
The other day while the machine was idling, it just stopped. It turns over fine, and it was running great. We thought maybe it was icing / gelling up, so pulled both fuel filters, put in new ones, bled the lines at the head one by one. And then it seemed like it was just air, no fuel coming to the head, that's when I noticed pieces of a broken part, laying under the motor. It looks like some sort of spacer made out of a composite material that goes between the injection pump and where the motor drives the pump??? No clue... Anyone have any experience or advice with this?
The broken pieces look like they made a circle, which fit between the spline-type pieces in the lower right corner of the picture of the pump. Its a Fordson 220 4 cyl I believe? Not sure what year the TJ is either, ANY help appreciated!!

Northwoods85

Had trouble getting photos up. I think I got it now. 

kiko

I am not familiar with that engine. The pictures show a broken drive coupler to injection pump. Be sure and mark the position of the sides to at least get the timing close. Looks like pressed wood?  That could probably be duplicated in plastic.

furltech

Where are you from northwoods i think i have the same injection pump out in my" might need it sometime shed / sheds "

Northwoods85

furltech, I am in Muskoka, Ontario. How can we figure out if yours would be a correct replacement?

Kiko, the motor has turned a few ( many ) times before realizing the problem, how could I go about making sure the timing is ok?

Thanks

bushmechanic

Hello northwoods85 I'm familiar with that 220 and you need a new fiber coupler, but of course you already know this. To properly time this engine it needs to be spill timed. That is a "dagenham 220 ford" which is english built. You can most likely get parts from a farm tractor supply to fit this as the same engine is supplied in the ford farm tractors. The engine right now is out of time but it can only move so far and the steel knobs will hit together, all you have to do is mark it with a center punch on one knob and halfway between the corresponding knob on the say pump flange. Remove your pump and don't move anything and install another coupler and re-install the pump. This way you won't have to time the pump to the engine. If any of this don't make sense I have the info on this engine and can e-mail it to you. 

Mapleman

Hi northwoods85, to expand a little on what bushmechanic said, your engine is the same one that is used in the Fordson Major and Super Major tractors, these were tractors made by Ford in England.  You can probably get the fiber disc from a Ford/New Holland dealer.
"The older I get, the better I used to be."

Northwoods85

Thanks bushmechanic and Mapleman,
That info is very helpful! I called around, but haven't been able to get very far without a part number, and I can't find a diagram that shows it. If anyone has a book or diagrams showing parts, or even better parts numbers, that would be a huge help.

Northwoods85

Ok I think I found and ordered the part. For anybody else's future reference, here's what i found:

Injector Pump Drive Pad
For fordson major, power major, super major

I ordered Part Number 112026 which I believe is the new part that replaces original part number E1ADDN993184
I got it from All States Ag Parts online, but there seems to be quite a few choices to order from. $30 USD + $38 shipping

Remle

You can look here to see if this is what you need..
Google "  Alma Tractor and Equipment's Online Parts Store ", search for, Fordson Super Major Tractor, sec. (09F01 ) Fuel injection pump assembly, part # 96, Injection pump driving pad, orginal # ELADDN99318 super seeded to 8114537

You beat me to it!! But here is a location to look up parts diagrams if you have future needs.

Thank You Sponsors!